Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 10-08-2004, 03:46 AM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Oh great.....

Well, since I'm not allowed by the morality police to fantasize about Elisha Cuthbert, I'll just have to settle for Monica.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:14 AM   #25
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Chicago Alderman Proposes Mandatory Helmet Law

You vote where you live. If you don' like the laws that the people you live with inact, you move or put up with it. If you choose to move can't find a place you like, step off.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:52 AM   #26
Andonyx
Registered Member

Default Re: Longride gets soft on crime.

I'm not sure I understand...I live in Chicago, what is it that keeps cops from chasing speeders? I understand the "unenforceable law" part mentioned in the article, but how does that apply to speeders?
Old 10-08-2004, 05:28 AM   #27
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

So we should kill ourselves if we don't like the laws and can't find a place without those laws?
Old 10-08-2004, 05:38 AM   #28
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Well oldtim was half right. It's too bad people can't get past the liberal left, conservative right labels. Intrusive government imposed by what ever group is still the path to totalitarianism. Those hate crime laws never have made to much sense. "Gee officer I stabbed him 47 times but it wasn't as bad as it seems because I really liked him." It's the same thing with enhancements for crimes against federal officers. "Well the man he killed was a federal poultry inspector. Now we'll have to hang him twice." What happens if you shoot a gay federal official? The punishment must be horrendous. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 05:48 AM   #29
Andonyx
Registered Member

The Redeye and the competitor Redstreak are both rags. One is Sun-times, and one is Tribune...I forget which is which, but it doesn't matter they're both papers for slow people. They started out wanting to target the college age and just out of college age demographics. Look, I'm no fan of youths, but even I have more respect for the early 20 somethings than those glorified coloring books...yeesh.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:40 AM   #30
SRMark
Founding Member

Yup
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote