Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 09-22-2004, 08:09 AM   #11
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Talk'n'Ride With the First Bluetooth(R) Enabled Motorcycle Helmet From Motorola

Part of the reason for riding a motorcycle is to not have to talk to anyone.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2004, 08:34 AM   #12
bmwdude
Founding Member

Default Re: Talk'n'Ride With the First Bluetooth(R) Enabled Motorcycle Helmet From Motorola

I agree with the others here that talking on the phone while riding, is probably a bad idea.

But a helmet with a built in high end radar detector. That I'd like.
bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 09:32 AM   #13
bigjames
Premium Member

You know, this sounds like a really bad application of a really good idea. Don't we all complain about cell phone users in cars. Isn't motorcycle riding using more of the brain than anything short of a fighter jet.? I mean DAMN! Just what we need! Between the IDIOTS going out and being a$$holes stunt riding on public roads (in the proper environment it is plenty cool though, but not on my bike), riding in excess of 200MPH (now), and motorcyle dealers continuing to sell sport bikes to novices who then go out and get killed and maimed in steadily increasing numbers, it's just a matter of time before it is going to get damned difficult justifying allowing us on the damn road.

Done venting, where is my medication....

BigJames
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 09:33 AM   #14
bigjames
Premium Member

Default DAMN RIGHT!

'nough said...
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:56 AM   #15
maladg
Registered Member

Actually it is the office that I've just got to get away from. One would think my role is to clean, powder and rediaper every keester in the company daily. Hey, wait...that IS what I do.

Dang, I need to go out for a ride with the cell phone OFF and in the tankbag.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 11:01 AM   #16
maladg
Registered Member

Looks like us "ye olde pharts" do NOT want a Bluetooth (R) enabled lid any more that we want internet enabled toasters.

I really, really like the idea of the Lid with integrated Radar detector - not that I'd ever need a detector.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 06:55 PM   #17
obandoj
Founding Member

Another harebrained idea, and with an open face helmet, no less. Oh well, let the stupid yuppies splatter themselves all over the place.

The only problem I see, is that they will give motorcycling another black eye. So what's new. Chicago's Sun-Times Columnist Neil Steinberg is already calling all motorcyclists organ- donors, maybe he has some inside information from Motorola/MOMODESIGN.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #18
frankmoto
Registered Member

Those are cool, but you can make any helmet a bluetooth one by installing a Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headset. Its pretty cool
I found them here BlueVision Wireless Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset and Intercom
frankmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #19
ampoy1234
Registered Member

Basic safety all the time!
You will lost your focus on driving! Much more on a traffic jam!

motorist passion
ampoy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #20
busabandit
Registered Member

It only takes 1 very brief moment for someone to fail to yield your right of way. If our total focus is not on the road (100%) then what amount of your focus are you willing to give up when a split second decision determines our fate. A slight delay in observation or reaction to an event can cost lives. Let's not just consider ourselves...our decisions and their consequences affect others and the ones we love.
busabandit is offline   Reply With Quote