Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 09-20-2004, 12:27 PM   #21
skrump
Founding Member

Default Re: UPDATED* Kriptonite Lock Warning

I'd be interested in finding out what exactly is entailed with the "upgrades" kryptonite is offering. It seems the flaw is with all tubular key type locks- bic pens just happen to be the exact same diameter as the kryptonite keyhole, so that's what people are using to crack them. I've heard kryptonite's "upgrade" is to just retrofit the lock with a different diamter keyhole, so that a bic pen won't work. Wouldn't take much work for any thief with half a brain to come up with the new matching round plastic Universal kryptonite key...
skrump is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2004, 12:31 PM   #22
Pacer
Founding Member

Default Re: UPDATED* Kriptonite Lock Warning

That is my postion. Two diff locks, no proof of purchase.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 04:30 AM   #23
P-Ratt
Premium Member

Default Re: Its not JUST cylindrical locks...

As easy as it is to pick a regular lock with simple tools, why all the fuss over this?

After seeing the video about the Bic method, a friend and I were discussing it. He showed me some simple tools which are easily replicated with paper clips or hair pins. He showed me how easy is was to unlock a large Master lock. After his guidance, I picked the same lock after only 2 minutes. With practice it's down to under 10 seconds.

Besides, it isn't as if a determined thief isn't going to get away with your steed anyway.
FZ1
P-Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote