Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 08-27-2004, 09:19 AM   #23
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: If you can read, the secret's out.

What can I say, I still support "lesser Seattle" and "Keep Washington green, spend your money and leave" I even had a "Welcome to Washington, now go home" bumper sticker on my GMC

Oh well, can't win 'em all. You'd think the $45 bucks and a brain thing wold keep alot of them out
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:24 AM   #24
Mooner
Founding Member

Default Re: Squids ruining another great road?

Where I ride (SE Minnesota and SW Wisconsin), there isn't nearly the population problem, but I still wonder if people are cursing me for riding fast (albeit safe and in control) Tell me, how does one ride fast and NOT have 60 and 70 year old people curse ou for going too fast. Not everybody's idea of a sane speed is the same. I certainly don't flip people off or kick cars, but that could be blown out of proportion as well.
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:42 AM   #25
SuperBill
Founding Member

The trick is to avoid scaring them. Pass every car like your mother is driving. When you approach from behind, dim your headlight and keep a two to three second following distance. Never pass on the double yellow. When you see your passing opportunity, use your signals and build up your speed before you pull alongside. Once along side, maintain a steady throttle (for noise abatement - quiet mufflers help here, too). Pull well ahead and use your signals and before you cut back in. Avoid abrupt maneuvers that make you look like you’re going fast – if you are smooth, you look like you’re going slow.

YouÂ’ll be amazed how many cage drivers will pull over to let you pass when you keep a respectful following distance (especially in MN & WI).

It sounds like a lot of work, but you can make a game of riding as fast as possible without intimidating other drivers. Even so, the best way to avoid problems with other drivers is to time your riding to avoid the traffic. It doesnÂ’t much matter where you are, at 5:00 on Sunday morning, the road is yours!

SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 10:39 AM   #27
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: localized overpopulation sucks.

Except for me. Apparently it had a long term effect on my short term memory. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 10:41 AM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

I believe most people look at it this way:

Everyone going faster than me is a fool.

Everyone going slower than me is an idiot.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:44 AM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: localized overpopulation sucks.

You can get most anything at the State liquor stores. The Mormons aren't so much against booze that they turn down making a buck off of it.

One wife at a time is quite enough for me thank you. Imagine trying to keep two wives happy. You'd need Islamic law to pull it off.