Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   Squids ruining another great road? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/2503-squids-ruining-another-great-road.html)

seruzawa 08-27-2004 07:49 AM

Re: localized overpopulation sucks.

The Dead Goat Saloon puts on good blues bands all the time. Haven't seen Donny and Marie there, though.

After the big fix of Canned Heat last week I'm good for a couple of weeks yet. I'll let you know when Donny's up next. Seeing as you're such a fan, you keeping up on them and all.

seruzawa 08-27-2004 07:50 AM

Whoever. Is he going to team up with Algore to clean the toxic dump of old 55 gallon barrels on the Gore family retreat?

seruzawa 08-27-2004 07:52 AM

Everybody already knew that.

sarnali 08-27-2004 08:15 AM

Gonna' have to haul away those ol Fairlanes and LTD's up on blocks outta' there first.

sarnali 08-27-2004 08:22 AM

I didn't know Canned Heat was still around.

Let's see, good bands, good roads, you get to have more than one wife, Utah's sounding better all the time.

Can you get Guinness and Bushmill's there? I know you've got at least one Triumph shop.

sarnali 08-27-2004 08:31 AM

Re: "Were" great roads.

See that's the differance between Washington riders and California Riders. There's no way in hell I'd post good roads on the 'net, even though Washington has so many.

Case in point I was on one of my favorite S.W. Wa. twisties a few weeks ago and came upon a lumbering pile of HD's, I'd neglected to bring my 9 mil. along, but I did manage to spook few of them off the edge.......... Not too hard with a 60mph closing speed advantage, still it would have been unneccessary if people would have kept it to themselves.

nbyers 08-27-2004 08:49 AM

If you can read, the secret's out.

Easy, there, big boy.

Every good road in Washington and British Columbia has been thoroughly documented and rated by the "Great Motorcycling Roads" people from Vancouver.

The WA book is a must-have book, by motorcyclists, for motorcyclists, if you live in WA, ID, MT, or CA.

So it's a good news/bad news thing. The good news is, anyone with 45 bucks and a brain can find some pretty cool roads.

The bad news is, anyone with 45 bucks and a brain can find some pretty cool roads.

longride 08-27-2004 08:56 AM

Yeah I can't get enough of them. Front row seats and I would owe you big time.

SuperBill 08-27-2004 08:59 AM

Re: Squids ruining another great road?

I was stationed in San Diego in 1976 & 1977. I spent most of my time at sea defending our country from the Communist Threat, but still managed to fall in love with the motorcycle roads in the area. I was young and dumb at the time (as opposed to old and dumb now) and would just set off on my trusty 360 Honda and end up wherever. I was never disappointed. One day I just stumbled onto Palomar Mountain, and was astounded that a public road like that even existed. Perfect asphalt, curvaceous, great views, no cops and virtually no traffic. Quite a difference from the roads I grew up with in Central Florida.

Sorry to hear that itÂ’s become crowded with cops, geezers and squids. What a loss to those that never experienced it back in the day.

By the way, did anybody else notice that the only two accidents cited in the story did NOT make a connection to sportbikes? The first accident wasnÂ’t even on the mountain and involved a Honda Magna (maybe a sportbike compared to my 360 Honda, but certainly not by todayÂ’s standards). The second one may have involved a sportbike, but the only description of a bike was that of the Harley that was hit when a "motorcyclist" crossed into oncoming traffic. CÂ’mon Ms. Tangonan, tie it all together, please.

Buzglyd 08-27-2004 09:04 AM

Re: If you can read, the secret's out.

Clement Salvadori's "Motorcycle Journeys through California" is an excellent resource for a sport-touring type.

But don't tell anyone.