Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 08-04-2004, 10:28 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Criminals is so stupid!

Take hostages and then threaten police and citizens with a grenade? Shoot 'im, run 'im over..... either works for me.

In a crowded city using an FN/FAL to take out the perp has too much potential to also get several bystanders and a few pets as well. So the polices' solution probably had the least potential for hurt any innocents.

The guy was after drugs and money. All he had to do was come to the US, get a shrink to label him with some bullshyt made-up disorder and then apply for Social Security. Then he'd get free drugs and money and it's perfectly legit!

You are aware that Social Security pays money to heroin addicts, right? You tax dollars at work!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2004, 10:29 AM   #12
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: How Spanish Cops Stop Bikes

Remember the guys from the La Guardia, with the little varnised black hats, and the Baretta .380 SubMachine guns?

I'd hate to be stationed in a phone booth, in the middle of some intersection, in Rota.

Man, now that's tough duty. Did get a nap at 1400 though.

Old 08-04-2004, 10:37 AM   #14
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Criminals is so stupid!

The guys with the little black Napoleon hats used .380 Sub Machine Guns.

If you were ever in Spain, in the 70's, they were stationed in phone booths, in the middle of every major intersection, in the bigger cities.

The locals use to say "Don't look them in the eyes, they'll shoot you".

They did look like a hard bunch. Fascists, right?

Old 08-04-2004, 10:49 AM   #15
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: No More Maglites!

Yeah, and if they did that in LA, Johnny ****ring would be calling him on the phone, threatening the LAPD with a big lawsuit.

On a side note, they made the cops in LA ditch the Maglites. No more "Edison Medicine".

They're being replaced with little puny flashlights, unable to be used as a weapon. Reportedly made by Fuji Hea...oh, forget it.

Old 08-04-2004, 11:44 AM   #16
bone3349
Founding Member

Default Justifiable Homicide

It would have been cheaper to use a $2 .308 Federal Match Grade BTHP to end that confrontation. I've never seen a more open shot when he was checking out the bike. I lingering pink cloud of mist and no more bad guy. No more threat of anyone getting killed.
bone3349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 12:14 PM   #17
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default it's too bad ...

too bad they weren't able to kill the bastard. hostage takers are s*****.

don't believe me? ask a hostage.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 12:44 PM   #18
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Justifiable Homicide

"Federal Match .308 Boat Tail Hollow Point." Are you by chance a student of the Maj. Land / Carlos Hath***** school of marksmanship? I've always liked the 7mm Rem Mag. myself. The high speed/flat trajectory makes windage and lead soo much easier. I learned all of this while spending some quality time in tick and copperhead snake capital of the Army.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:45 PM   #19
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Justifiable Homicide

Ooops, I forgot the Brown Recluse spider capital as well.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:37 PM   #20
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: No More Maglites!

The idiocy of the LAPD administration is astounding. Because of one or two instances of poor judgement by a police officer, they're going to take away their flashlights, which could and probably have been used multiple times in self defense, and are a very useful tool when used as an actual flashlight as well. Using the same logic, I'm sure that squad cars, guns, and mace have been misused multiple times, so they should take those away as well.