Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-11-2001, 06:41 AM   #1
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Pureflight Gear Reader Feedback

Yeah, I just don't understand the desire of some riders to wear a backpack. The additional dangers to you in a crash are too high. Especially if you have anything heavy/hard in there. Just what the ever sensitive back needs, get slammed down to the ground on a stack of books, or a laptop.

I bought an Eclipse Sportpack tank bag several years ago. Before that I used a backpack strapped to the rear seat. When I would go to see races at a nearby track (Mid-Ohio road course) I would like to wear the backpack after I got there. So when I shopped for the tankbag, this one caught my eye. It has a backpack strap that you can buy ($15) which attachs to any Eclipse 3-point harnass tankbag, and turns it into a backpack.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2001, 06:42 AM   #2
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: riding with a backpack

Depends what is in it. If just a bunch of clothes, and other soft stuff maybe. But in reality, proabably not.
Old 01-11-2001, 06:43 AM   #3
stevegrab
Founding Member

I was thinking, how'd you see that. Then I clicked on that picture to get a larger view. Yes, that sure does look like the 2001 CBR600F4i, in silver black color. Note the solo rear seat, Honda wing on tank etc. And as an F4 owner I have to say it all looks right.

She sure is cute too.
Old 01-11-2001, 01:00 PM   #4
EnZed
Founding Member

I thought this did not seem to be a particularly useful product. On my last bike (VF500F), I actually peeled the standard rubber edging off the windshield, as the extra turbulence created by the interruption to the airflow caused a noticeable increase in buffeting to my helmet at speeds over about 115 km/h. Mind you, some people might find it useful - Aaron Slight actually added an edging strip to his RC45 so that he could see the windshield edge and not bump his helmet on it!

In any case, this sort of rubber extrusion is available in rubber products stores here in New Zealand for considerably less than the US$10 a foot quoted for the Saeng product.

In any case, why bother ? Wouldn't it be better to put the money towards a deposit on a windshield beter matched to the bike and rider?
EnZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 01:05 PM   #5
EnZed
Founding Member

Whoops! What an idiot! Stuffed up my second "reader feedback" by posting it ot the wrong product - should have been the "Saeng/TA Stealth" rubber edging thingo.

- Sorry!
EnZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 07:33 AM   #6
DoctorMouseboy
Founding Member

Default Be nice to Danielle, you swine!

You guys should just be polite. There's no need to bash her. That said, the droolers need to get lives, too.

DoctorMouseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 10:42 AM   #7
SugarMrPoon
Founding Member

enough!

SugarMrPoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 11:26 AM   #8
stevegrab
Founding Member

MO and others have already done some reviews of the F4i. MOs is at http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mchonda/01f4i.html

As a 2000 F4 owner I like some of the changes, and wish I had waited. I really like the split seat, and think some of the chassis changes sound good. Not sure about the FI though, I suppose it can be better.

I was also in Toronto for their MC show, and I can say that all 3 color schemes look nice. I suspect the silver/black may be the most popular, because it is pretty unique (not a lot of silver or black bikes). I also think the frame (now painted black) looks best with that color. Although I'm a big fan of red (have a red/silver model), and the white/red and red/black colors are also nice.