Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 07-16-2004, 02:50 AM   #101
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Judge says Janklow was on official duty

The Sturgis organizers need to have a very solemn ceremony in remembrance of the fallen biker, erect a memorial to the guy and on that memorial have the day he died and the person that killed him. Cast it in bronze. Invite all of the South Dakota legislators, both state and federal to the event. Then let the chips fall.

SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2004, 03:06 AM   #102
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: I am going

The Idiot keeps repeating some line about not going to Sturgis because the businesses there would only see him as a wallet, not a person.

So I guess he doesn't ever buy anything anywhere does he? Does he shop at Wal-mart? Sam's Club? The grovery store? The same rules should apply.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:13 AM   #103
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: I know

He's got a broomstick/shotgun that he chases bad guys at Sturgis away with. Aren't you scared of that? This guy has stood up to bullies his whole life. Aren't you just shaking. He's a bodybuilder, engineer, knows more than everyone about everything and has better MSF scores too. Aren't you trembling yet? I just want him to run his act by me in person. It's an open invite. Let's see what shakes loose.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:04 AM   #104
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Right!

Yes, the democrats are the paragon of ethical, responsible behavior. Maybe you guys on the West Coast aren't aware of it, but you should see what kind of hot water the Dems have gotten themselves in New Jersey. Let's just say the Governor, the leading Democratic fundraiser, prosititutes, hidden video cameras/sex tapes, and one whopper of an extortion operation to raise political funds are all floating in the broth. And I've haven't even mentioned the bribery/extortion operation--complete with the code word "Machivellian"--that was pulled on a farmer. That's another story all together.

If Kerry/Edwards is elected we'll have a murderer who used his family's influence to get him off as the Godfather of the new administration. Ya know, "The swimmer" Ted Kennedy. Ooops, sorry, that poor girl wasn't riding a motorcycle...

Face it JB, both parties are rife with this kind of abuse. They both suck, but I'm not sure the Dems are the lesser of two evils.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 05:19 AM   #105
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Yeah, like businesses really f&cking care about you as a person. What planet do these dypshyts live on? The businesses didn't run Mr. Scott over, nor did they Let Janklow off light, nor did they have anything to say about any part of this case. Talk about pi$$ing up a rope. I wonder how long it's gonna take KPaul realize that JB is just pimping him? I figure 2 years easy.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:33 AM   #106
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

You're kidding!
Old 07-16-2004, 05:37 AM   #107
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Major reason to boycott Sturgis. The family won't get squat. No punitive damages

I've got some shocking news for you- ALL businesses see you as a wallet. That's why they are businesses instead of charities.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:38 AM   #108
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Exactly. Maybe now the road won't be clogged with neophytes who don't know how to ride over 40mph.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:55 AM   #109
pdad13
Founding Member

I mentioned this on a different thread, so I won't repeat myself ad naseum, but I actually met Michael Moore in Union Square Park (Manhattan) shortly after 9/11. Two of my friends and I had about an hour-long conversation with him.

It was painfully apparent that he had an ax to grind with the Bush administration--remember this was before any action was taken whatsoever. This is not the position a documentarian should be taking. He also said some extremely silly things exposing his paltry knowledge of geopolitics.

He makes good films, but they might as well be fictional. Kind of like the Oliver Stone of documentary-style filmmaking. I have not seen F 9/11 but plan to (when it comes to cable/video), so I can't comment on it. I've seen "Bowling for Columbine" and "Roger & Me." Both are well made films. Both are also complete and grotesque distortions.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 06:40 AM   #110
johnnyb
Founding Member

U people slay me, seriously. Murder is killing someone with malice aforethought, as I recall. Maybe I'm wrong. Ted did a bad thing and will never live it down, but I don't think any reasonable person would call it murder.

I think u r right, there are abuses of power, but everything in the world falls somewhere along a relative scale doesn't it? What's worse: being blown by an intern and lying about it under oath, or starting a costly deadly war under false pretenses? I dunno, guess they're about equal.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote