Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-19-2004, 06:34 AM   #71
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: HL Mencken favourites:

Sounds vaguely familar. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2004, 07:26 AM   #72
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: CHP Crackdown on Speeding

LOL No, I think I can say with some confidence that if I was doing 160 they wouldn't catch me. Then again, getting away isn't entirely about outright speed, which is only used to get out of sight initially----then the idea is to quickly cross as many lines seperating jurisdictions as you can, followed by proceeding hastily to a safe location to park your bike inside a private structure away from prying eyes.

This is all theory, of course.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 09:04 AM   #73
RKosztya
Founding Member

I'm not in favor of the "revenue enhancements" made by our city of Chicago either, caused in large part to a mayor and his minions blowing well past stated initially projected budgets on a number of beautification projects (the albatross of Grant Park comes to mind). But note that the only camera on the northside (where I live) is located at the intersection of Peterson and Western.

As an ex traffic court prosecutor, ALWAYS "contest" any citations received. The fines given after spending less than a half hour in court on a blind plea are a pittance (generally) compared to the amounts required if one opts to mail in the fine.
RKosztya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 09:58 AM   #77
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Lets all go back to the bad old days right old geezers

You never will.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:29 AM   #78
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

All is good if you don't get caught. Getting mangled or caught is very, very bad of course. Cycle World had that story of a guy that tried running and got caught in Colorado. He was looking at jail time for a felony. Think hard on those choices Abe.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:06 PM   #79
k11rsrdr
Founding Member

speed camera's? obviously you've never traveled I-95 in Northern Virginia just outside of DC - they've had them for years - oh, in in Virginia have radar detector detectors - if you get caught with a radar detector, you get slapped with a 3 digit fine, the take your detector, place it in front of your tire and direct you to drive forward crushing it - you don't have to go to Great Britain to find George Orwells 1984 - it's already here...
k11rsrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 01:21 PM   #80
johnnyb
Founding Member

Dude. I like the cut of your jib.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote