Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-18-2004, 06:42 PM   #61
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: CHP Crackdown on Speeding

I've always found that the key to avoid being hassled by the jack-booted revenue-collectors claiming whatever territory you happen to be travelling through is to

#1) Ride a high-performance sportsbike in flashy colors with full power ranger gear. Dress as though you were in a motorcycle road race.

#2) RIDE as though you are in a motorcycle road race at all times. Make them understand that if they try to chase you, their time is wasted.

Works every time.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2004, 06:44 PM   #62
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

I agree with and condone all behavior by motorcyclists as long as the cops don't like it.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 08:08 PM   #63
bmwclay
Founding Member

Chicago.....oh, you're the guy caught doing 160 on Lakeshore ?
bmwclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 08:35 PM   #64
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Corky takes a stand

kpaul principles:

Fiscal genius - only $12/yr. to ***** off all of MO, early and often? Thanks, George Soros! This is the smartest money you ever spent!

Social disease - I tell you how to vote and you better do it or I will troll your forum, repeatedly. Capitulate already, jackasses!

Use the military - why not? Nuke Texas! Being a carping-squawk, I love bringing this silly campaign ***** here, because it's not enough that it's on your damned teevee all the time.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 08:36 PM   #65
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Corky takes a stand

pizz is a bad word? That's poopy.
Old 03-19-2004, 02:01 AM   #66
Orangetrak
Registered Member

It's even funner to put on a Gorilla mask, paper new car plates ( No numbers ) and drive through the red light about 100 times mooning the camera. They think they just made $50 million dollars, and then get to look at your rump in each picture....
Orangetrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 02:06 AM   #67
Orangetrak
Registered Member

Default Re: Vocabulary for Dummies and Coke heads (SDSU grads)

Jealousy will get you nowhere; you just sound bitter......
Orangetrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 03:12 AM   #68
seruzawa
The Toad

Default HL Mencken favourites:

KPaul resides here:

"The kind of man who wants the government to adopt and enforce his ideas is always the kind of man whose ideas are idiotic. "

Old 03-19-2004, 04:48 AM   #69
bobsturm
Registered Member

Speed traps!

I received a speeding ticket on a bike in W.Va a few years back. It was truly a speed trap. Coming down a hill into a very small town, the speed limit was 55mph; I saw a sign that said, "reduce speed ahead". I started slowing down and saw another sign that said "25 MPH". The 25 MPH sign was about fifty feet beyond the "reduce speed sign". Well Barney Fife chases me down and writes me a ticket for 42 in a 25. I told him I was not speeding and slowing down to 25 mph. If I had been speeding it would have more like 60 or 70 in a 55 mph zone, not 42 in a 25. Still got the ticket and was told I could come back and contest it in court. Could not get back because of work.

The next time I came through the town, I came over the hill with five cars behind me and slowed down to 15 MPH and waved at Barney as I went by. Barney got pissed and the people in the cars cheered. A year or so later, they moved the 25 MPH sign another 100 or so feet down the hill. Barney had a new car and all was well.

bobsturm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 05:10 AM   #70
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Vocabulary for Dummies and Coke heads (SDSU grads)

I was totally joking.