Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-18-2004, 02:53 AM   #21
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: CHP Crackdown on Speeding

Sounds like that town in Ohio (Rome?) that was famous for its speedtrap.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2004, 03:13 AM   #22
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Default go faster tax

Speed traps are nothing at all to do with safety anymore, they are just extra revenue collections.

If law enforcement was really sincere about highway safety, they would all be pushing for anti cell phone legislation and the like.

As far as rude/paranoid cops....duh! The current sense of authoritarianism and "our rights be damned so long as the terrorists are at bay" sweeping the nation is enabling ****ty cop, TSA and every other badge wearing American attitudes to Joe public.

Try explaining to an American of just 70 years ago that in the future police would be able to stop and hassle the public at road blocks and the like..they'd probably not believe you.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 03:48 AM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Ahhhh Quit Crying

No no no. You don't get it. Those laws are only supposed to inconvenience other people. Not the priest-kings who deserve to lord it over the rest of us by divine right.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:51 AM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

Default No time for this!

Far more important things are at stake in the geopolitical arena. We must band together and plan to resist the evil Equilateral Commission!
Old 03-18-2004, 03:54 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Two-dimensional thinking.

I've never seen a "McCain Republican" before who hates the conservatives so much. Could it be that the Kook has been simply a liar and member of the moveon.org wackjob cult all along? It's typical of that bunch of psychopaths.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:57 AM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

If you like the CHP's level of rudeness and arrogance you'll just looooove the LAPD's.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:59 AM   #27
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

It's called "revenue enhancement". Just look at what the city of Chicago is doing with the cameras at stoplights. Blow the light, picture taken, $90 fine for the owner regardless of who is driving the car. Took in half a mil in one year. It's the wave of things to come.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:00 AM   #28
ValknMag
Founding Member

New Rome, just west of Columbus. It is in the process of being absorbed into Columbus.
ValknMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 04:16 AM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

It'll make us safe. That's all that counts. Notice how much safer we've become compared to the 50s/60s with all this increased regulation?
Old 03-18-2004, 04:23 AM   #30
giuliom
Registered Member

Well, I got stopped twice in LA county for speeding in the last two years, once by the Sheriff Dept, once by LAPD. Both were motorcycle cops and I did not get a ticket! The LAPD guy caught me going through the Palisades at about 15 mph over the speed limit. He was very corteous and professional, and even agreed with me that I was not really being dangerous... He complimented me for having a motorcycle endorsement on my license! I guess what I mean is that jerks will be jerks, but that not all cops are jerks.

Giulio
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote