Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   The Governator takes a ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/2327-governator-takes-ride.html)

pplassm 02-13-2004 03:58 PM

Hollywood rant

Hmmmm. For some reason can't open the site. In any case, it's hard to beat the XR100 with 2 stroke sound effects in T2. Why can't Hollywood get it right? I even saw "Paycheck" recently, and it had a BMW Rockster with R1 sound effects. Jeeezus.

nomad76 02-13-2004 04:05 PM

Re: The Governator takes a ride

It doesn't really seem to have much with his riding, more about how he's a populist.

Glad to see he's been doing his Sunday ride for 20 years. Maybe someday I can get to the Rock Store, and he'll be there!

pplassm 02-13-2004 04:16 PM

OK it loads now

Metrosexual. Yeah, that's what _I_ relate to.

westcork 02-13-2004 05:16 PM

Aint never seen him. Seen Leno a hundred times, always a different car or bike. But never seen Arnold or Arnold.

I hope he considers his own saftey when he reneges on his illegal alien license position.

wrecks 02-13-2004 06:08 PM

was he carrying a lever-action shotgun?

Motorcycling is a great way for celebrities to go out in public in cognito and not get mobbed.

KPaulCook 02-13-2004 07:14 PM

Maybe it contribute to a live and let live attitude.

Schwarzenegger is one of my heros. A bodybuilder, self made man, fiscal conservative, and social liberal. Perhaps his live and let live attitude, which is shared by John Kerry, comes from their mutal love for motorcyles. Maybe we should change the constitution so Arnold could run for President. He certainly would be more fiscally responsible than Bush and he wouldn't get all hyped up about gay marriage. I say if gays really want marriage let them have it. I say gays are nuts for wanting marraige (alimony, community property, etc.)

About John Kerry:

"For years, he'd ridden foreign motorcycles a Triumph Bonneville back during his Navy days; later a Ducati; and then his most recent bike, a two-year-old BMW R1200 but now John Kerry was going American, and going whole hog. On a cool Saturday morning this past April, wearing a leather flight jacket festooned with Navy patches, the junior senator from Massachusetts walked through the glass doors of Harley-Davidson/Buell of Boston and wove his way through a chrome-capped sea of bikes, past Electra Glides and V-Rods, and past the new Dyna Wide Glides, perhaps the most unsubtle entry in the Harley-Davidson line and the senator's next bike."

Click here for more

dylanmo 02-13-2004 08:20 PM

Re: Maybe it contribute to a live and let live attitude.

live and let live attitude, which is shared by John Kerry, comes from their mutal love for motorcyles.

I've also heard that motorcycling is also correlating with singing in the shower, staying quiet in the shower, courteous driving, reckess driving, gentleness, world-class jackassery. drinking beer, drinking milk, marriage, bachelorhood, bachelorettehood, children, owning pets, intellegence, stupidity, metriculousness, sloppyness, and a love of all salted pork sausage, including but not limited to kielbasa, chorizo, bratwurst. Unless the motorcyclist is Jewish or Muslim, then pork is right out. There have been rumors of vegetarian motorcyclists, but there are no photographs, so judgement is withheld.

dylanmo 02-13-2004 08:21 PM

Re: Maybe it contribute to a live and let live attitude.

I cannot spell. "meticulousness"

dylanmo 02-13-2004 08:26 PM

Is Schwartzenegger maybe only using the rear brake? If it's on the internet, it's worth repeating!

dnakase 02-13-2004 09:12 PM

Re: Hollywood rant

You have to register to access. Its free but its still a pain in the ass.