Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-29-2004, 11:48 AM   #81
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Tires

I had the Mac 100s on my Duc. I didn't like them. The fronts were really cupped but supposedly that problem is solved.

I switched to Pilot Sports which are great but wear out pretty quick and square off on a long trip. I here those new Avons are pretty good.

I'm about due for new tires, new chain and a new clutch. I might even spring for the ultra light aluminum job which is about 5 pounds lighter than the stock clutch.

Or just sell it. I'm not sure.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2004, 12:13 PM   #82
P-Ratt
Premium Member

Default Stupid AMA

The same thing would have happened if Janklow had run over or shot a baby, homosexual, or MS patient in front of a hospital. And of course the prescribed activist groups would be up in arms about it. Would the AMA be as interested or vocal if another demographic were involved instead?

This isn't a motorcycle issue and should not be treated as such. The AMA needs to cool down. This is a favorable treatment issue. The laws were in place. They were just ignored.
FZ1
P-Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 12:47 PM   #83
KPaulCook
Banned

Default BRING IT ON: Senator John McCain praises Senator John Kerry.

John McCain has said of John Kerry, "He's smart, he's tough and he's experienced. He has the capability." [Boston Herald, 6/30/03]

Bring it on!
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 01:35 PM   #84
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: D-cups,

The D205's on my VFR cupped pretty badly, but I heard that was a common problem on VFR's because of the weight bias.

On my Suzuki the D220's didn't cup, nor did the Mac 90's, maybe Ducati front brakes are stronger than Suzuki's or more front end bias.

I looked into Avon st45/46's this time around because of the review's but I couldn't find anyone that carried them. Plus I got both D220's mounted and balanced OTD for $243. so I went with them.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 01:39 PM   #85
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: D-cups,

I've bought my last few sets of tires online. The savings is great and the shipping isn't too bad considering sales tax is avoided.

I just put the tires around my waist and ride down to the dealer for the install. I look like the Michelin man!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 01:49 PM   #86
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Bill O'Reilly apology?

We are waiting for this
Old 01-29-2004, 02:29 PM   #87
Dryfly
Registered Member

Default Re: By the way

I'd rather ride my bike off a cliff before voting (at any level) for a democrat. Besides, single issue votes are akin to those idiots who vote for someone just because they are "for" or "against" abortion!! No thanks, I'll stick with independents and republicans. At least with them, I have a good idea how they'll take advantage of me.
Dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 03:45 PM   #88
Haird
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Response on Janklow Sentence

The fact that Janklow got off light is the big problem. Whether that light sentence was in any way related to the fact that he killed a guy on a bike, instead of a farmer's wife in a pickup, is not clear, though given the degree of prejudice exhibited toward bikers generally, that could be a factor. Judging from some of the comments on this and earlier threads, that suspicion of discrimination does seem to be driving anger to some extent. I think what's really driving it is identifying with the victim. It's only natural to respond more strongly to the experiences of people who are close to you in interests or otherwise. If a drunk driver kills your cousin, you join MADD. If your wife dies of breast cancer you contribute to the Susan G. Komen foundation. This particular misfortune and injustice falls to us to express it because of our shared experience as motorcyclists. So let's do it.
Haird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 06:25 PM   #89
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Response on Janklow Sentence

Boycotting Sturgis may hurt the innocent, but it would also be extraordinarily newsworthy. The average schmoe has never heard of Janklow; it's below his radar screen. But a successful Sturgis boycott would be national news and could raise awareness of the issue big-time.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:05 PM   #90
KPaulCook
Banned

Default The dumbest post of the year

You should be on the Jay Leno show's Jaywalking cause you just made the dumbest comment of the year "At least with them, I have a good idea how they'll take advantage of me." Grow up and educate yourself.