Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-29-2004, 08:18 AM   #51
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Response on Janklow Sentence

Good point, I think a family with kids almost got nailed by Janklow at this same or a similar intersection a few months earlier. Thank God they were able to avoid him, but I wonder what the press reaction would be if they hadn't?

The best we can do as motorcyclists is to focus totaly while riding and I guess, develop some kind of mental radar to try'n see potential situations before they arise. Though I think in Mr. Scotts case there wasn't a lot he could have done.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2004, 08:19 AM   #52
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: By the way

Ketchup Kerry's got worse problems. Like his harridan harpy wife who won't shut up and the atrocity he admits committing in Vietnam.

Credit Card Bush Vs Ketchup Kerry.

Should be interesting.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:23 AM   #53
Tigercub
Founding Member

Of course I don't know that intersection, but if it's like the many we have in the central valley of California, you would have to come to a stop to see down the intersecting road. Most are stops in only one direction and you can travel a good mile or so before you intersect with another road.

No. If our government representatives are going to be blowing through controlled intersections against stop signs and red lights then we have to stay off those roads.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 08:32 AM   #54
Tigercub
Founding Member

Well. I still think a Sturgis boycott will be an important message. It's not like no one will show up, just that attendance could be down and the reason for low attendance could get publicized, which is what we want.

Old 01-29-2004, 08:32 AM   #55
sarnali
Founding Member

I was going to respond, but you beat me to it, assholes like Janklow endanger everyone on the road, not just motorcyclists.

This clown has made it a point of pride that he can race around with out any regard to other people who have the misfortune to be anywhere near him, to the extent that he tried to have state patrol install a blue light on his car.

While the jury in So.Dakota did they're part to punish him it looks like his cronies on the bench let him slide once more.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:33 AM   #56
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: By the way

Kerry's cool. But I don't care who defeats George "Chikenhawk" Bush.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:35 AM   #57
voornas
Registered Member

ALL BIKERS UNITE!

Boycott Sturgis!

Hit them where it'll hurt the most.

The wallet.

voornas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 08:36 AM   #58
seruzawa
The Toad

It's pretty amusing when a US Senator who is married to the Heinz heir says he's going to kick the special interests out of DC.

#1 - Kerry is a special interest.

#2 - If you kick out the special interests then Wash DC would be a ghost town. Not a bad idea actually.

Democrats for fiscal responsibility! Republicans for the welfare state! Everyone is against the war, but voted for it! You have just entered the Twilight Zone.

Actually, everyone got suckered by the incompetent intelligence community which failed to unearth 9-11, told everyone Hussein had WMD and generally engaged in it's usual lack of effectiveness. It's so completely disgusting that not one bureaucrat has lost his job over all this.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:37 AM   #59
Tigercub
Founding Member

It's important for the fact that Scott was part of a subculture of Americans.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:39 AM   #60
sarnali
Founding Member

Obviously he clips coupons and buys store brands whenever possible.

Sheesh