Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-25-2004, 12:37 PM   #1
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Jones, Hottell & Syfan Leave Street & Strip

I think you might want to give the REFRESH button on your browser a try.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2004, 12:45 PM   #2
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default 2004 ZX-10R vs R1 vs 1000RR vs GSX-1000 Article

What happened to that 2004 ZX-10R vs R1 vs 1000RR vs GSX-1000 article you guys were supposed to post. Plus I expect more then 2 or 3 articles of rehashed history artricles out of this site a month. If you can't find enough new motorcycles to test then how about testing some mods. How does the new 2004 XB12S Buell respond to the installation of the race kit? Can you hop up the new Honda Gold Wing? Come on guys, real articles real soon!
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 01:02 PM   #3
donalcallis
Founding Member

Default Please, Sean.....

For those doubters amongst us (and I am one), please recap all of the reviews of the past six months. And, please, tell us which of the reviews were submitted by the direct staff of MO, which were submitted by the illustrious European correspndent (Yossef Schvetz), and which were submitted by guest writers (i.e., readers). I just reviewed your website's Bike Review section, and I can only see where ten reviews are listed for all of 2003. By my math, that is less than 1 per month. And for that, you expect us to pay you a fee? C'mon.

Granted, you offer (what I call) an email bulletin board, and that's kinda ok. But, I am not willing to pay a fee for a bulletin board (especially one that allows KPaul to frequently assualt us with his ignorant and worthless political diatribe). If the board were (somewhat) moderated so that the postings stayed (somewhat) bike related, then maybe I would change my mind.

My account has expired, and I have no intent of renewing. Few and far between reviews, no attempt to keep this medium bike-related, and a general lack of professionalism just keeps me from renewing. You all can slam me if you want, but if you expect me to pay money for all of this, count me out.
donalcallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 01:10 PM   #4
thecrumb
Founding Member

Yeah, an article or two once in awhile would be reeeaaalll nice.

Lately I've gotten way more info from motorcycledaily.com (free btw)

jim
thecrumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 02:42 PM   #5
SVSRider
Founding Member

I'm starting to regret renewing my subscription to MO. I can get news updates for free anywhere. I thought I was suupposed to get quality articles and "exclusive firsts" ? How about some more SuperMoto stuff? Like tests of the new KTM 625,525,and450 Supermotos?
SVSRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 02:47 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Secret photo....

of Sean on the new test bike here
Old 01-25-2004, 02:55 PM   #7
clively
Founding Member

Default Re: Secret photo....

Like a moth to a flame I went. That is a classic photo.
clively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:25 PM   #8
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

Default What a shame...

I'm in the same boat as you. I subscribed for a year but when JB left this thing turned into amateur hour. MO was better when it was free (late 90's) than it is now. Does anyone work on this full-time anymore? Do the manufacturers take MO seriously anymore?
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:27 PM   #9
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

Default What a shame...

I'm in the same boat as you. I subscribed for a year but when JB left this thing turned into amateur hour. MO was better when it was free (late 90's) than it is now. Does anyone work on this full-time anymore? Do the manufacturers take MO seriously anymore?
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 04:12 AM   #10
chingbaby
Registered Member

Same here. Was looking forward to the CBR GSXR comparo that was promised for Xmas '03. We're pushing the end of Jan. '04 with nothing in sight. Any article I send in gets no response, same with any question sent in. The archive of reviews is the strongest thing here, and as time goes on, it gets more and more stale.

Printed magazines cost about the same amount for a subscription, and actually have (gasp!) new articles every month. Shocking!
chingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote