Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-26-2004, 04:20 AM   #11
grubz916
Registered Member

Default Re: Jones, Hottell & Syfan Leave Street & Strip

There was no sportbike comparo promised for Xmas. The comparison in question was about heavyweight cruisers which was delivered on time.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2004, 04:42 AM   #12
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Wish I could agree with your thoughts on Peter Jones. Personally, I thought he only wrote one good article in his whole motojournalist career. It was the roadtest of the 1998 Honda VFR800 in the June 1998 issue of SPORT RIDER. Otherwise, I can't figure out which is worse: What he has to say or the insipid way he writes it. I figure the VFR was so damn good (I owned one), it seduced him into writing something way beyond his usual drivel. So, if you're gonna hire someone, Peter certainly wouldn't be my first choice. On the other hand, I too, just renewed my subscription and am disappointed in the lack of material puked out recently. Anything to get you folks off your collective duffs might be an improvement (must be be nice having a job where you can do what you want, when you want, and charge a bunch of suckers like us to support you). Guarantee you, unless there is a huge improvement mucho rapido, I won't be wasting my money next year. Onward and upward, dudes, you owe us far more than we're getting. The ball is in your court MO.....whadaya gonna do with it?
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 05:02 AM   #13
obandoj
Founding Member

This rag has gotten so stale and boring that anything is good news, even stale and boring news!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 05:41 AM   #14
cfc
Registered Member

Default Where's the info?

Used to be all sorts of new (and interesting) stuff here. Not so much since Burns left.

The other parts of the site could be updated as well. There are some places that have been years without an update. Maybe there should be a place where members could post pictures, stories etc.

Check out www.harleydavidsonman.com for a bit of something from Alberta. He's got some interesting stuff here (i.e. it's your ass!)
cfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 06:22 AM   #15
pushrod
Founding Member

Default Re: Services Rendered

Yeah!

Get off of your rapidly widening Krispy-Kreme eating secretarial duffs and earn all that subscription money you rake in.

Lessee, the most I have ever seen on the "Who's Online" counter is a little over 200, let's assume that was a little under half of the paid subscribers. Call it 500 members.

At $12 a year, that means you guys get $6000! $6000! You know what I could do with that kind of money? I could... well, I...

Hmmm.

Well, as Emily Latella said, "Never mind!"

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 06:59 AM   #16
KPaulCook
Banned

Default More bad news for Bush

"Only a year ago, the CBO estimated 10-year surpluses — not deficits — of $1.3 trillion. And in January 2001, when Bush took office, the projection was for a decade of black ink (surplus) totaling $5.6 trillion. "

Bush, Congress Face Historic Deficits

Iraq headed for Civil War

Cheney 'waged war' on Blair Iraq strategy

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 07:06 AM   #17
donalcallis
Founding Member

Default KPaul - This is a Motorcycle.Com, Not YOUR personal political email group.

donalcallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 07:09 AM   #18
Steve781
Founding Member

Default Down With Pessimism!

I just renewed! OK, so MO has hit a bit of a rough spot. But there is still value here. If we all cry "the sky is falling" and fail to renew our memberships then MO WILL fail. I like this site too much, even in these content lean times.

But, having thrown my renewal money into the pot, I second the requests for more reviews of jackets, helmets, hop-up parts, etc. As has been pointed out, most of us buy a new bike only every few years, but we buy bike related goodies quite often. Shouldn't reviews show up in equal proportion?
Steve781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 07:17 AM   #19
grubz916
Registered Member

Default I agree w/ don above, F*** off Kpaul!

Old 01-26-2004, 07:17 AM   #20
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: KPaul - This is a Motorcycle.Com, Not YOUR personal political email group.

He knows even less about motorcycles than he does about anything else.

You can join the "ignore KPaul group now!"
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote