Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   MO vs. World (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Torque Movie Review(s) (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2297)

Ken_Packard 01-20-2004 11:04 AM

Moto GP documentary?

Hey...does anyone have any recent news about that Moto GP documentary that was supposed to be shown in select cities in conjunction with the International Motorcycle Shows? I can't remember the name of the flick or the assocoated website....

RonXX 01-20-2004 11:07 AM

Re: Torque Movie Review(s)

What's even better are the inconsistencies in the story: after the little train scene, the main charater says 'I just jumped my bike off the top of a moving train' or something to that effect, when it was actually Ice Cube who did that. Also, after the nonsense woods chase scene, the main chick gets that zebra striped bike from the guy who crashed chasing her, later on he is on that same bike. What a piece this movie is.

longride 01-20-2004 11:11 AM

Re: Moto GP documentary?

It's called "Faster", and it will be here in Chicago at the Cycle World show in 3 more weeks.

Ken_Packard 01-20-2004 11:24 AM

Re: Moto GP documentary?

Do you know if it will be shown at the show or some other location? The trailer looks phucking great.....

dominatr37 01-20-2004 11:29 AM

I enjoyed torque. I saw it with a dozen good freinds friday night and had a great time. It was fun. It was cool. it had action ,and it held my attention for the entire hour and a half. It was well worth seeing. Those that complain about it being unrealistic had better never see a 'Star Wars' movie or anything else that has exagerated special affecdts that can not possibly happen. This movie was an hour and a half of escapism, period. I really liked it. Can't wait to ad it to my DVD collection. 4 stars out of 5.

Buzglyd 01-20-2004 12:13 PM

He hasn't seen it

In typical KPaul fashion, he's arguing with three people who have seen the movie and said it's crappy.

He also said to pretend you're 16 which means he'll have to add three years to his current age. I'm sure he's sitting in the driveway behind the wheel of his momma's car pretending he's driving to the theatre right now.

electraglider_1997 01-20-2004 12:14 PM

Born again

Seeing that Shrub is a self proclaimed born again scripture reading hypocrite I would think that he would want to be as close to god as possible. I'll wager that Halliburton gets the no-bid contracts to strip mine Mars. Au-nuld will want to share the rocket trip to Mars with Shrub since he was there already in one of his movies.

electraglider_1997 01-20-2004 12:15 PM

See my review above.

Tearfully, Electraglider.

Buzglyd 01-20-2004 12:17 PM

OK Mrs Moritz

Being the wife of a big Hollywood producer must be really cool. I'll bet you get to meet a lot of stars!

obandoj 01-20-2004 12:33 PM

Another stinker, the local critics blasted it, some gave it 1/2 star, where 1 star equals bomb!