Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-20-2004, 06:01 AM   #31
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: What a snoozefest

You're in. So is seruzawa, sarnali and me. Since you dare to disagree with an idiot, you are something other than what you really are to a brainless a-hole. Everyone on this site has seen pictures of you and me Buz. We ain't gray and we ain't ponytailed, but that hardley makes a difference to an idiot. Hell, the other 2 dont' even own Harleys and they are in. Happy birthday Sarnali, and your present is a long ride on my Shovelhead. After that your hair will be gray! LOL

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2004, 06:12 AM   #32
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Haha.

Wife used to work at Road & Track and we had passes to go to premiere of DRIVEN, along with a bunch of other R&T people and various hangers on. I loved when the cars crashed in slo-mo, you could see they were made of plywood and other exotic materials. Amazingly, the crowd all applauded at the end. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow, some things are so bad they're good. Take my sex life... Take George Bush's plan to go to Mars... RUN WITH IT K PAUL!!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:12 AM   #33
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Torque Movie Review(s)

I have been of this opinion for some time now as well. The best example I can come up with is the difference between the original Star Wars series and the new. The CGI stuff just makes the new movies seem cartoonish. Moreover, since you can make virtually anything you want happen with them, the story tends to get out of hand, and the focus is no longer on the acting---everything is far less convincing to me. It's so much harder to empathize with the characters and get lost in the story.

Now the originals seem that much more of an achievement----the effort and ingenuity put into the effects that were used, and the confidence that even when the effects came off as a little cheesy, the acting could still carry the movie and retain the feeling that a serious, epic story is being told.

FASTER is being shown in conjuction with the international motorcycle show. It will get there when the show does.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:17 AM   #34
Buzglyd
Founding Member

LOL! Ok, I'm in!

Regarding watching Torque, KP says, "just go with it." My guess is that the Reverend had to say that about a thousand times or so to his wife during their wedding vows. Poor girl.

I don't know that I'll see Torque due to the low price/performance ratio. It's not exactly the GSXR1000 of movies.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:23 AM   #35
Tigercub
Founding Member

If you read this far it's your fault.

The Great Escape was, uh... Great! No need to question Steve's ability to ride a bike - Speed Twin I believe.

The Ice Cube write-up (is that his name?) in our local paper, at least had a picture of a Speed Triple.

What kind of name is Ice Cube for such a nice young man? Does his mother approve?

The best motorcycle movie ever remains, Little Faus and Big Halsey. Find and watch it, you'll have no regrets.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:26 AM   #36
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Haha.

Don't forget the riveting moment in driven when the boy racer gets upset at the ****tail party and hops in the race car and drives away! Stallone hops in another car and gives chase through the streets of Chicago at 200mph with no eye protection of course.

The best is when Stallone was dodging flying manhole covers that were being sucked up and thrown at him by the car in front! lol!!!!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:30 AM   #37
Tigercub
Founding Member

There's a fine line between being believable and ridiculous. The more the audience knows about the subject the harder it is to be believable. Torque is for non-motorcycling audiences, for whom the believable may be a lot farther out there than for us. And that's the last time I'm going to try to write believable. Believe me on that one!
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:32 AM   #38
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Happy 40th in advance

** Welcome kpaulcook, your account expires in 23 days.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:34 AM   #39
sarnali
Founding Member

Thanks guys, been awhile since I rode a Shovel, sounds like fun. My hair isn't grey either, it is kinda long though.

I started growing a beard this winter to keep my mug warm, but that came out with an impressive amount of grey in it, plus I don't like beards anyway so I shaved it off.

I guess we can call it the Not Really Grey, Not Quite Ponytailed Only Two Harley's Brotherhood or "NRGNQPTOTHB"
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:38 AM   #40
Road_Dog
Registered Member

My only problem was when the usher asked me and my friends if we could keep it down. It appears that we were LOL so loudly that someone complained.

Pay a matinee price or rent it in few months when it is available as a DVD and you need a good laugh.

Road_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote