Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-20-2004, 06:06 AM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Two thumbs up.

Give it a Mayer with that Oscar.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2004, 06:08 AM   #22
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: What a snoozefest

They could have made the mechanic and his crew look like Eric VonZipper and his band of nasties

I'm a total gearhead but I hardley ever watch car and bike movies 'cause they almost all stink. The exceptions are Road Warrior and the Original Italian Job. Road warrior because of the excellent cheese factor, and Italian Job because racing Mini's around resturants and plaza's would be so much fun.

By the way, today's my birthday what did you guy's get me? and is 46 old enough to join the grey ponytail brotherhood?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:21 AM   #23
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Jenny, EBass, Sean should know better

OK Sean, Jenny and EBass all missed the point of this movie. This movie is targeted to males 16-25 years old So it will have no character development, no realism and an over abundance of special effects. Realistic racing/car/motorcycle movies don't sell. I laugh at those who say movies like LeMans. On Any Sunday, Easy Rider and others are great. Have you watched them lately, the average young male would walk out on them. Boring.

I love movies like this because they are total escape. I haven't seen it yet but my expectations are that it won't be the next "Gone with the Wind" of motorcycle world. These are B pictures pure and simple. The movie version of Fast Food.

My advice is don't pay full price. Go to a matinee or wait for the DVD rental. But don't expect a deep thoughtful movie about motorcycles cause to the public we are small minority with questionable judgment. Also as I tell my wife when she goes with me to watch the latest James Bond film. Just go with it. She is a real trooper. But I can't believe that Sean would recommended Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood over Torque
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:22 AM   #24
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Two thumbs up.

Just go with it.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:24 AM   #25
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Torque Movie Review(s)

Just go with it. Your expectations are totally out of wack dude. If it was realistic, it wouldn't sell tickets to the targeted 16-25 year old males.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:27 AM   #26
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Your Birthday present

Go to the movie the movie Torque and make believe you are 16. You can do it. If Michael Jackson can make believe he is 6. Just Go with it.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:29 AM   #27
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Best Post here. You got it.

I think you got it. "You go to a movie like this to suspend disbelief, letting the carnival flood your senses while you munch your popcorn and yell, "HIT ME!!!" " Excellent I couldn't have said it better.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:31 AM   #28
KPaulCook
Banned

Have you watched "The Great Escape" lately. Compared to modern movies it will put you to sleep.

Old 01-20-2004, 06:32 AM   #29
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: What a snoozefest

Happy Damn Birthday!

I've got a biggie coming up in April.

My hair isn't grey nor do I have a ponytail so I don't know if I'm in either.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:56 AM   #30
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Of all the dumb things you've been known to say I would have to classify this as your crowning achievement.

If only new movies could measure up to "The Great Escape".
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote