Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-21-2004, 06:15 PM   #131
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Partisanship is nuts.

I dunno how anyone can stomach either of the two major extortion gangs. Each party constantly attacks the other for things that the attackers are doing themselves. All candidates engage in the most wild lies and none has any viable solution for the problems anyhow. Every single accusation against Pubbies is something that the Demos do themselves. Vice versa with the pubbies.

The whole thing has become competely nuts. Two gangs vying for dominance with the taxpayers the losers no matter what the outcome. Sad, really. We are getting it up the butt no matter who wins. Just as always.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2004, 06:17 PM   #132
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Happy Birthday You Old Fart!

If you even just think nice thoughts of any of those stone age bikes then you are in.
Old 01-22-2004, 04:50 AM   #133
kowalke67
Founding Member

Default Re: Jenny, EBass, Sean should know better

Ha, you must listen to Brittany Spears and N'Sync too. Just kidding (but really, do you?).

True enough that some movies are meant to be entirely escapist pleasure but- and I don't know the formula- some achieve this and some just come off ridiculously stupid like Torque. Maybe it's that the movie wants you to take it serious but requires you to completely disassociate yourself from reality to do so. Such a conundrum to subject the over 16-25 crowd too. Movies like Road Warrior, comic book movies, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars don’t ask you to do that and can be accepted.

Unfortunately the Bond movies are not what they use to be because of the whole CGI thing and ridiculously over-the-top scenes. How about in Die Another Day the scene where Bond is on the surfboard wind surfing a virtual (CGI that is) tsunami? I'm sorry but that was just thick and only the most brain dead viewer could watch that without being embarrassed for the whole Bond genre of movies and what they’ve come to. Even for total escapist entertainment that was too much. And the invisible car, cheesy (although it was funny when the snowmobiler ran in to it).

And hey, it's fun to bash bad movies like this. One comment was "how can a movie with four cylinder bikes be called Torque". That observation is so literal that it’s just funny. Stoppies on the dirt? I relate that to my age old complaint that in movies tires make a screeching sound no matter what surface they are peeling out from, dirt, gravel, and so on. Or like in the old Chips t.v. show how a Camero could run in to the back of a van and still jump over it like it was a ramp (and of course blow up, everything blows up as soon as it gets airborne or turns upside down). It's fun to make fun of.

I don't think most here are asking for 100% realism in the movies but at least give us enough so we don't have to be drooling vegetables to accept it.
Old 01-22-2004, 04:53 AM   #134
kowalke67
Founding Member

Default Re: DAT WUZ DOPE!

LOL, worth the price of admission. I hope you live in a state far away from me.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:51 AM   #135
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Nicole Kidman ain't cheap

In fact she is the highest paid female movie star right now.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 05:53 AM   #136
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re:

Be afraid be very afraid. BrokenLink is not me airhead so rest easy
Old 01-22-2004, 05:55 AM   #137
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: The new KPaul

Hey there can only be one KPaul, old man. So "Buz" off Agent 404.

Old 01-22-2004, 06:01 AM   #138
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Gen Ys are on track to be another of the "greatest generation"

On the contary. Even though the evil one, the evil baby boomer George Bush has sent the Gen Y off to war, I think Gen Y is already surpassed the baby boomer generation, with their love of country, commitment, etc.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:45 AM   #139
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Happy Birthday You Old Fart!

Always thought the XLCR was beautiful, can I get an Honorary at 43?
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 07:03 AM   #140
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: I hate to disagree

Nah, seruzawa's right. People like kpaul are worth a fortune in entertainment value alone. You know he's full of *****, and he's going to come up with the most odd ball nonsense anyone can imaginebut it's still funny.

I can live without the political rantings, but we must take the bad with the good...
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote