Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-21-2004, 12:19 PM   #121
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Happy Birthday You Old Fart!

OK, 46 is a bit marginal for the Grey Ponytail Brotherhood, but you can be an honorary member LOL

I turn 54 next month and my hair and beard have passed grey on the way to white, but I cut off my ponytail a couple of years ago so I don't know if I can get in either. Plus, I have never ridden a Harley (except as a passenger circa 1960) -- does a Buell count?

rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2004, 01:18 PM   #122
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Wrong both ways (The Constitution for Dummies)

Or maybe Harry Carey?
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:36 PM   #123
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default I like numbers too but get 'em straight

I don't know what your fascination is with Cold Mountain (on this site). We are not discussing Cold Mountain, we are discussion Torque. And it stinks. But since you insist on comparing the two at least get your numbers straight. Cold Mountain has grossed in excess of 66.7 mil in it's four week release. You compared the cumulative number for Torque (week 1) with the 4th week number for Cold Mountain which is headed for the black and Oscar Buzz. Probably not the best choice of a film to support your argument.

I don't know what the numbers are on both films though I have heard in the range of 35 - 60 mil for both. Since studios routinely try to keep the numbers on turkeys as close to the vest as possible we might be a while getting a reliable number for your masterpiece. But Torque not only has expensive CGI but also a hot actor in Ice Cube and tons of bikes -- including some customs. If it ever earns 67 mil, even after the foreign release and DVD I will write to the Pope and find out what the official requirements are for a miracle.

sbp

sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 02:06 PM   #124
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default You do realize with whom you are speaking?

It's KPaul's alter ego. One of many.

He actually changed his name and compliments himself. Scary.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 02:19 PM   #125
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: You're so bitter...

I worked the Kerry campaign. He won Iowa.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 02:22 PM   #126
dragknt
Registered Member

Default Re: Torque Movie Review(s)

In my oppinion, the original Italian Job was one of the worst pieces of cinema ever created. They tried to play the comedy-adventure genre, and failed at both. It was one of those movies where, even though the plot is carried out, nothing really seems to actually happen.

I have yet to see 'Torque', and I'm itching to see it, because I actually enjoy movies with tons of technical fallacies and impossibilities. Bad cinema (usually) puts a smile on my face. I'll have to wait for the video, though, because I'm bed bound, recovering from a pretty bad spill over the weekend. Some cager in a ricer clipped me on the highway and then kept driving. The ER staff said that, if it weren't for my riding gear, I would have died on impact. I just don't understand the squiddies. But anyway.

::Luke
dragknt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 02:43 PM   #127
dragknt
Registered Member

Default Re: Jenny, EBass, Sean should know better

I'm in the latter end of the 16-25 age group, as a college student in Florida. There's a few 50+ member sport bike squiddy clubs in my area that I know will eat this film up, sadly enough. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them started experimenting with stunting around trains, or testing out the off-road physics of the shiney new gixxer they bought with their parents' credit card, or their studen loans. They give sane riders a bad rep around here.

I was recently involved in a wreck on my bike last weekend, when a cager clipped my front tire by swerving abruptly into my lane going about 10mph under the speed limit, and my life was saved by my safety gear, but everyone that stopped and stared at me, I know, couldn't tell the difference between me and the squiddies that the local news channel just did a piece on. It was quite frustrating.

I think the real target audience of Torque is mouth-breathing males between 16 and 25 who don't ride, but wish they did. Which, unfortunately for me, but lucky for Hollywood, is a vast number of the American youth.

::Luke
dragknt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 06:46 PM   #128
P-Ratt
Premium Member

Default GODZILLA!!!!!

Hehe, right on brutha. I saw it Monday night and probably disturbed more than a few people with my hysterical laughter. Having watched a couple of Godzilla movies previously in the day, it all seemed funny to me. I agree that lower budget effects would be just as successful. Of course the movie was bad, actors couldn't act, and effects bordering fishing line were used. But it is worth the price of admission just to see the spectacle of such absurdity. I laughed all the way home.
FZ1
P-Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 06:57 PM   #129
kowalke67
Founding Member

Default Re: Torque Movie Review(s)

Behind Enemy Lines had its moments but damn! all Owen Wilson did was run in that movie. I though I was watching a marathon.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:05 PM   #130
seruzawa
The Toad

Default And don't forget...

....the bloody stool.