Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-06-2004, 10:38 AM   #81
jbbishop2
Registered Member

Default Re: American made motorcycle engine

I believe your formerly-own John Burns did an test ride article on a Ridley in Cycle World in the last year or so.
jbbishop2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2004, 10:41 AM   #82
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default I like swimmin'

with bowlegged women!

Shiver me timbers.......
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 10:43 AM   #83
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Sized to fit for sure.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 12:11 PM   #84
seruzawa
The Toad

Default You are so WRONG!

The real reasons that HD won't put out the effort to really support Buell is that they are EVIL and are giving trillions of dollars to the GWB re-election campaign. HD wants to turn the entire population of the whole WORLD into slaves of the New World Order as the nefarious epitome of EVIL, GWB Jr., causes world wide DEPRESSION and GLOBAL WARMING and MAD COW DISEASE and even ATHLETE's FOOT.

Learn how to protect yourself as Howard "Ding Dong" Dean, KPaulKook and H. Ross Perot do HERE.

Do it before it's too late.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:31 PM   #85
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: You are so WRONG!

roflmao, Where did you find that one!

(I heard Utah was full of loonies)
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 06:03 PM   #86
BrokenLink
Founding Member

That's funny. Can this device protect me from KPaulitis?
BrokenLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 06:03 PM   #87
BrokenLink
Founding Member

That's funny. Can this device protect me from KPaulitis?
BrokenLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 03:13 AM   #88
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Only standard truth

I wasn't trying to flame either. Just trying to present an argument as to why there isn't, and probably never will be, a sportbike from America. I bought my ZX9R for 3 reasons. One, it was for sale very cheap. Two, it was faster than I would ever ride it. Three, it was the only one I fit on without twisting myslf into a knot. I believe it is the best practical sportbike out there for most people. That said, it was also probably the poorest seller of the big 4. Hell, some mags last year didn't even include it in the test against other superbikes last year, and when they did it came in last. You are right in one respect. Lots of people would like to see an American sportbike. The only trouble I see is that if it's overpriced and underpowered, it won't sell, just like a Buell. Interest wanes when you have to plunk your hard earned dollars on something just because it's "American". Harley ran that one dry in the 70's didn't they? People want the most bang for the buck, and unless Harley or Polaris are deadly serious at wanting to produce a super competitive bike that they will support and race for years to come, and also sell at a competitive price, you won't be seeing an American sportbike. I'm sure the marketing people for these companies have scouted this territory, and they came back and said "make a cruiser". Remember "Cost of engineering and tooling is paid off over a long term", and there is no "long term" with sportbikes. I feel your pain, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a competitive bike from America.

Old 01-07-2004, 06:15 AM   #89
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Economics for idiots, dummies, and SDSU grads

"Well I suppose if ol' Bush would just ignore terrorist attacks like Bill did we could quit spending all this money killin' 'em!"

Oh yeah all the 9/11 terrorist were from Iraq. NOT you idiot they were from Saudia Arabia. All the $200 billion plus went to Iraq. State governments are complaining that they don't have the money for the increased security needed. Bush made the world safe for Haliburton to rip the US taxpayer off. Where is Bin Laden?

"The economy would be great but all your friends would be dead. Maybe we could mix in a BS stock market bubble or two as well. "[b]

If you would of paid attention in ECON 101 you know that the economy is a man made thing. It doesn't have natural cycles those "business cycles" are caused by changes in government monetary and fiscal policy. Just like a stock market bubble doesn't just happen it is caused. God are you stupid.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 07:06 AM   #90
jbbishop2
Registered Member

That's what he said, too, if I remember correctly....
jbbishop2 is offline   Reply With Quote