Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-05-2004, 08:22 AM   #31
wrecks
Founding Member

Default Re: General Clark's plan to rebuild the America destroyed by Bush

Where in the hell did that come from?
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2004, 08:42 AM   #32
F451
Founding Member

Default Re: American made motorcycle engine

Good points. Still I give them an A for effort.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 09:05 AM   #33
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Just Another Steal Our Money Plan

"Mounting spending has combined with the recession and two major tax cuts to turn a four-year string of annual surpluses into deficits that last year hit $374 billion, the worst ever in dollar terms. Administration officials and private forecasters say red ink could hit $500 billion this year, with more to follow.

Things look bleak in the long run, too. Director Douglas Holtz-Eakin of the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (news - web sites) has said the Medicare bill could cost from $1.7 trillion to $2 trillion during its second 10 years, as the huge baby boom generation retires and foists added costs on taxpayers.

"The U.S. budget is out of control," the investment bank Goldman, Sachs & Co. wrote its clients, projecting large deficits for the next decade. "Any thoughts of relief thereafter are a pipe dream until political priorities adjust." "

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../bush_spending

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 09:09 AM   #34
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Bush's and the Republican Congress budget is out of control.

Click here for facts and data
Old 01-05-2004, 09:20 AM   #35
Ken_Packard
Founding Member

Default Re: It's OK Ken

Yup. Actually, he's got us all beat by tens of millions of miles...or whatever the current distance is between Earth and Mars!
Ken_Packard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 09:28 AM   #36
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Actually Clark's plan won't benefit me

I make more than both of the targeted groups (<50,000 and < 100,000) . Never the less, I feel it is the best thing for this country.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:46 AM   #37
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: American made motorcycle engine

Actually the larger motor is a 750 (I thought). They obiviously have the motors in a very mild state of tune. Probably to increase reliability, being low volume, and limited R&D.Hope someone starts tricking the motors out. Just to see what it could do.

Again it would be fun to see another US Motorcycle company, not just HD clones, or jaming HD motors into chopper frames. These guys are making there own motors. Costly - Yes, but bold.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 09:48 AM   #38
seruzawa
The Toad

Default A plea to the MO staff.

I think that there is a general consensus amongst the readers of MO that this never ending political trolling by Kook must come to a stop. I mean, I like a good political argument as much as anybody (well, maybe a little more than anybody, but I digress) but I'm never ever gonna get a good political argument from Kook. The idiot has taken on some sort of mission to push his political agenda (if you can call it that) beyond all bounds of courtesy and I believe it is past time he was censured for constantly trying to turn MO into a political forum.

It's bad enough with all his megalomania like his psychotic tirade about how much Utah sucks a couple of threads ago. But his omnipresent posts make it almost impossible to ignore his screed since he makes so many posts that they are juxtaposed next to too many others. Not to mention how many times he posts the identical drivel to various of his targets. Don't read them? How? They are everywhere when his medication runs low.

I tried to be nice with the guy once and got burned for it of course. The guy has managed to make Harley lovers, Harley haters, sportbikers, dirt bikers, cruiseurs, poseurs and just about everyone else sick of his rantings. So how about having a special refresh button that allows us to view the news without it ever displaying Kook's ravings? That way when we feel like having some self-abuse we can elect to read Kook's drivel but otherwise we can avoid it.

If I want a bunch of irritating political propaganda I have a load of choices from Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity to NPR, the New York Times and Dan Rather. And at least these sources generally remain mostly coherent and on-subject. (Dan is a frequent exception.)
Old 01-05-2004, 10:45 AM   #39
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: "foists added costs on the tax payers"

Who do you think has been paying the lions share of taxes for the last 30 years? do you have any idea how this system works?

I try to avoid personal attacks, but come on
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 11:07 AM   #40
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: A plea to the MO staff.

Amen brother.

Just imagine how you rig your comments setup:

1- Filter most anonymous

0- Almost everything

-1- Uncut and raw

Kook