Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 12-24-2003, 02:03 AM   #21
rock06r
Founding Member

Default Re: Finally Real Street Racing DVD

I too enjoy watching these stunt videos like everyone else does, but I have to disagree with pretty much everyone here. I do not believe that public roads and paying taxes entitle anyone to go out and break the law in a manner which promotes tougher laws and higher penalties. I remember in the day when insurance premiums were less than $100, and speeding tickets were still rare. Nowadays, police departments will definately ticket you if they catch you being stupid on a bike. The public -by and large- has negative views on young drivers and even more negative views on riders (regardless of age). I don't know how many times I've heard folks tell me that they rather not see motorcycles on the road. This kind of stunting just has to be seen a few more times, and we will be restricted out of roads and towns. Allready there are a few blocks in NYC (the Village) where motorcycles are banned. It's hard enough to afford a bike right now, if the insurance premiums and health care premiums go up much higher I will not be able to afford a motorcycle. And I really, really do enjoy riding with my pals on weekends.
rock06r is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2003, 08:39 AM   #22
chi_red
Founding Member

I can't stand people who do these things on public roads. They are not only risking their lives, but risking people around them. I hope these hooligans learn the responsibilities of sharing roads with other people. Grow up.
chi_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 06:08 PM   #23
PeteW
Founding Member

Looks like this video is more crap put out. Too many jackasses out there with video cameras thinking they are professional drivers. I like some of the stunting videos and stuff, but there is a time and a place. These jerks that do it on busy streets only make us look bad as a whole. We are the minority on the road, and people are gonna get fed up one day and we are all going to suffer. I'm not against having a good time and I do my share of wheelies and backroad burning but I know when and where to do it so it doesn't bother others.
PeteW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 07:34 PM   #24
dogstar
Founding Member

Like it or hate it stunt videos like this sell, big time. If there wasn't anybody actually spending money on this we wouldn't even be having this debate. The fact of the matter is somewhere deep down in all of us there is a little voice saying "that's cool" to a stoppie, or "I want/wish to do that" to a standing 12 o'clock. And some times it is the ones that speak out the most against it that have the loudest inner voices.
dogstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 04:58 PM   #25
koz5150
Founding Member

I have the last LI extreme video. It was a waste of money. I don't think I would even consider buying this one.
koz5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 07:29 AM   #26
infinitepat
Registered Member

Default Real street racing

Who would want to see a real orginised street race? 10 highschool juniors with backwards hats, who think they are eminem, driving unnesarly loud civics. Another 10 with thier girlfirend's dad's automatic 3 series BMW, and one ******* with a mustang cobra who wont race anyone thier because he knows its pointless.
infinitepat is offline   Reply With Quote