Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 12-22-2003, 02:58 PM   #11
caseyheilman
Founding Member

Default Good point!

Where is thy shootout?

Hast thou forsaken us content hungry mofo's?

caseyheilman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2003, 03:12 PM   #12
Randy_P_Moran
Founding Member

Default if it's a Mac...

Just download the Windows Media Player for the Mac off of the Micro$oft Web site. Works fine, not as good as Quicktime. Same old story.
Randy_P_Moran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 03:22 PM   #13
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Default Re: Finally Real Street Racing DVD

Two positive aspects of a trackday are that you can go fast enough to shred tires if you choose to. A more casual, non-race pace on a track is still considerably faster than can be sanely ridden on the street. When I go on a trackday, I simply build up to a fun pace I am comfortable with, hopefully without exceeding the limits of traction. Even on a slow trackday, the speed is significantly faster than our fastest street pace. However, the tracks are at least 3+ hours away, require an overnight stay and cost a minimum of $200+ with all expenses.

There are many good roads in my area. Ridng them composes 90% of my riding time. I wouldn't trade that time for track time even it was free. The group I ride with are all mature, highly skilled ex-roadracers. Sometimes the pace is a bit slower, but usually it is a pretty quick clip at a 7/10s velocity. We maintain complete control of our machines, never cross the center line or pass in turns, etc. but the officer's radar gun reading has little to do with the posted 35-45 MPH limits. Obviously, a quick, fun, yet sane pace is completely irrelevant to the posted limit. Trying to convince the long arm of the law in this neighborhood is a complete exercise in futility. When faced with the possibility of this controntation, most of us don't hang around long enough to get involved in such a losing conversation. Damn shame, but that's how it seems to work in the real world. Of course, the BIGGEST problem is the new breed of stunt riders on one wheel at 100+ MPH ridng between the lanes. They are attracting way too much negative publicity that is affecting all of us and making it damn near impossible to have a fun ride without fear of retribution from the local gendarmes.
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 03:30 PM   #14
ironmike
Founding Member

A friend of mine (a state prosecutor who loves to ride) advised me that his office couldn't be happier with these videos, especially when they appear in the public domain (internet)... they don't even need a subpoena to obtain the evidence. He has no problem differentiating between those who ride for the love of it - responsibly... and those whose actions jeopardize motorcycling in general in the common public view. When the appropriate jurisdiction is determined (via the images), the appropriate authority is so notified and advised. So, don't think this activity has gone un-noticed... video of oneself violating any law is stupid in the extreme, but putting it in the public domain... well, that's behavior worthy of a Darwin Award candidate.
ironmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 04:31 PM   #15
tgo63
Founding Member

Default Re: Um, where's the shootout?

I am getting more content from free sites then from paid subscription. Since some time, around John B. departure, quality of this site is going down. I will be thinking twice before renewing
tgo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 04:34 PM   #16
CybeR1
Founding Member

Default Re: Um, where's the shootout?

totally agree - I have been here so many times and getting peeved with slack contect - where is the shoot MO you promised and why do we have to wait a month before we get anything new - there are other stuff you can write about besieds the latest bikes - which I love
CybeR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 05:18 PM   #17
julian
Founding Member

It's a PC but prolly f'ed up.

can't work on the bike so's I'll mess with the box.

Thanks

Julian
julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 07:21 PM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Good point. Someone stupid enough to dragrace at 100+ in a NOS Civic in 35MPH zones or stupid enough to wheelie down the double-yellow line on his 600-4 in traffic is also stupid enough to record that fact and put it on the internet and so make the local gendarmes' jobs that much easier.

Old 12-22-2003, 08:44 PM   #19
kawazuki
Founding Member

Ha ha ha. I so read that as "dragrace at 100+ in a New, Old Stock Civic..." and thought to myself "someone got an '81 CVCC to do 100?" I was happy to get 75 out of mine.

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 06:55 PM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

It's simply amazing what NOS will do, at least just before the engine comes apart.