Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   Janklow Update - Convicted of Manslaughter (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/2255-janklow-update-convicted-manslaughter.html)

imported_g_k 12-08-2003 04:08 PM

Re: Janklow Update - Convicted of Manslaughter

I think you've forgotten your history - the twinkie defense worked. Former Supervisor Dan White was sentenced to only 5-7 years for the murder of San Francisco mayor George Moscone and Harvey Milk - he wasn't responsible for his acts, due to elevated blood sugar caused by eating Hostess Twinkies(tm). Does this country have a great legal system or what?

seruzawa 12-08-2003 04:31 PM

Excellente'!

I am glad that I was wrong about assuming that the trial would be fixed. As long as we can continue to hold our elected officials accountable then we will be far better off.

Now begins the appeals process during which he will continue to act as a Congresscritter. It might help if everyone writes to the Speaker of the House, Dennis Hastert, House Majority Leader, **** Armey, and each of our own District Reps demanding his ouster.

vfr44 12-08-2003 04:50 PM

Latest news - he has resigned his seat effective Jan 20 which is also his sentencing date.

Congrats to S. Dakota justice system - sorta tells the Harley riders to "come on back y'all "

grover750 12-08-2003 05:19 PM

Sturgis Anti-Boycott?

I suppose since I was a supporter of the proposed boycott, I should now begin to go to Sturgis since he was convicted.

Congrats to the prosecution team!

The diabetes defense was really weak. Yeah, a 240lb guy forgets to eat all day. Uh-huh.

sarnali 12-08-2003 05:52 PM

Re: There you go

All it took was Kpaul's threat of a boycott to send them hicks a runnin'. They know which side 'o' the bread the butter's on.

Of course he'll apeal, and he might do minimal time but the point is the jury didn't buy his bull-***** anymore than we did, good for South Dakota

RonXX 12-08-2003 05:55 PM

He still needs to be sentenced. That will dictate whether or not justice is served. Also, I bet this slob will appeal repeatedly until he is let off with time served.

Islandcomm 12-08-2003 06:10 PM

Happy to see a political "fat" cat get what he deserves, although it remains to be seen what sentence he'll actually receive.

obandoj 12-08-2003 06:23 PM

The conviction is great, now lets see what the sentence will be, I hope JohnnyB is wrong and they hang the bastard by the you know what!

Then and only then will justice have been served. I hope Mr. Scott's family get some closure and a little peace of mind from knowing that this piece of crap did not walk away from his terrible actions. we will see.

jibosch 12-08-2003 07:03 PM

I hope that there are some 'Fellow Bikers', wherever He is going...

nomad76 12-08-2003 07:11 PM

Good.

Hope he finally apologizes for his murder, and then apologizes to diabetics for his chicken-s#!t excuse of a defense.

Then I hope some imprisoned Pagans or Hell's Angels become good friends of his.