Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 12-07-2003, 06:25 PM   #41
wrecks
Founding Member

Default overlooked

Consider Canadian moto-journalists instead. There are only about 7 of them but they're REAL GOOD.
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2003, 06:28 PM   #42
wrecks
Founding Member

Default Orwell

Suzy's been reading too much 1984. Look out for the thought police.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:33 PM   #43
wrecks
Founding Member

Default Give Cycle World a break

Hey cut CW some slack. Well until Egan is dead anyways.

I'll usually loiter in Chapters (bookstore) long enough to read his column without having to buy the mag. The rest of it is spew.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:06 PM   #44
tomhorn
Registered Member

Default Re: In all seriousness...

"Lockstep dogma"? What other kind of dogma is there? Five yard penalty for redundancy, ebass.
tomhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 09:06 PM   #45
KPaulCook
Banned

Default You make a good point, no Vodoo Economics in Canada

The Canadian dollar will rise because the Canadian government has it financial house in order. The dollar will fall as it did in the Reagan years. No I am McCain Republican who will stay and fight to save my country. I can't believe a Republican president and a Republican Congress are doing this to our country.

By the way I work with several Canadians who are itching to go back, but the U.S. is still the land of opportunity. Canadians still have the queen on their money for goodness sake.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 09:13 PM   #46
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: overlooked

My Canadian engineers who work for me are real good too. Smart, well educated, polite and they put in an honest days work. They also will tell me if an idea I have stinks. I appreciate that. Maybe in the 21st century Canada will come into its own. We Americans could learn alot from them but too many of us don't know where Canada is.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:21 PM   #47
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Are saying I'm attracted to.... And Buz dates are like

Are you saying I am attracted to white trash? No Jennifer was in Playboy remember. She is night club singer in Vegas now. But when Bill was with her she was a well respected Arkansas TV journalist. When I think queen of double wides I think double Ds as in BuzLightYears dates (Easy Rider rejects) Monica does look like a J.A.P.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:24 PM   #48
ebass
Founding Member

Default Re: In all seriousness...

Blame Gabe. It was one of the newfangled adjectives I received in his airlift.
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 09:27 PM   #49
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: All I want for Christmas is a Bike Review.

Any time you want to come join me in the gym little man. I am 6' 200lbs. I work out 5 days a week. I'll even handicap you. Remember some of us have had to do physical labor to get where we are now. Spoiled rich boy.
Old 12-08-2003, 02:29 AM   #50
edward44
Founding Member

Default Re: FREE SPIRITS IN LA LA LAND

And said posers don't even have a bike? Things are worse than I thought. Here on the east coast, and I live just about as far east as one can get, there are a surprisingly large number of harley riders given the small population and though I have never seen one close to, I have observed a rather similiar attire that approaches a uniform: inverted pot helmet, gray ponytail, brando type jacket, jeans, GI boots.and either a beard or stubble,though this last seems to be all the rage nowadays. Perhaps what is needed is a field guide to the Harley rider and his biker chick. I suspect a rich layering of fantasy here.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote