Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 12-03-2003, 03:42 PM   #1
mattg
Founding Member

Default Re: Biker-killing Congressman's trial is underway

what next? A bad hair day made me do it. Knock off the bull$*@% and just admit to what you did and face the music. Wait, I forgot that he's a politician. They never do anything wrong. Right?????

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2003, 05:14 PM   #2
RonXX
Founding Member

I don't really understand what this site is telling me to do. I can see what the "Dear Rep. Bill Janklow" letter is supposed to be about, but it says to write one for my own website. I don't have a website, but I would like to write something and have it sent to that pig. What should I do?
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 05:43 PM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

I tried that blood sugar thing when my wife caught me reading a Playboy. Anybody got any aspirin?

Seriously, Jackloff's lawyers are claiming that being a diabetic relieves one of the responsibility for his acts? Does this mean that any diabetic has an excuse? "That doughnut I ate made me do it, officer."

If they've picked the right jury of brain dead idiots it just might work.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:01 AM   #4
Lowrez
Founding Member

It isn't that surprising. At one point, people used to try being drunk as a defense in traffic cases.

After Senator Daschle testifies, no one on the jury will doubt that Janklow was a bit light headed that day. Then the question will be if skipping meals was reckless enough behavior to warrant a manslaughter conviction. My magic 8 balls says "Not Likely".
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 01:07 AM   #5
edward44
Founding Member

Every jury pool I was ever in where the lawyers could pick the jurors always resulted in a jury of the what appeared to be the bottom of the food chain.

Remember the OJ trial? This could well be a slam dunk for the defense.

edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 03:01 AM   #6
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

The guy is going to walk, get used to it.

More justice USA style. The really sad part is that no one gives a damn (other than the biking community), and it won't get so much as a peep in the "liberal" media. I wonder if "fair and balanced" Fox will pick it up.....ha ha!
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 03:52 AM   #7
Eric
Founding Member

There have been daily reports on the national news, CNN and pretty much every other news outlet I have seen. Both the right leaning and left leaning papers in my area have covered the trial. I heard a report about Daschle's testimony on NPR today. There was even a blurb on the BBC homepage yesterday. It is getting coverage. That doesn't mean people care. One potential juror was dismissed because she was in tears that her beloved Janklow was being unfairly persecuted by this prosecution.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 04:05 AM   #8
Shabbir
Founding Member

I'm sorry, that is confusing. You are correct.

I've just tweaked the directions to say, "please enter your "Dear Bill" letter in the comment area".

-Shabbir
Shabbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 04:14 AM   #9
waepoint
Founding Member

This story isn't going away. If you assume the news media is stark-raving liberal, then of course you'd expect that they're going to go after a conservative politician. If you assume (more correctly, I think) that the news media are sensationalist *****s, then of course they're going to report on the glorious flame-out of a public official. By my unofficial web tally, Faux News are the most whorishly sensationalist ... shocker. And a quick comparison of content shows Faux reporting about crying relatives, while ABC's lone story is about the country's tolerance for speeding. I'll let you draw your own conclusions about quantity vs. quality.

Fox News: 18 crash-related stories

CBS News: 12 crash-related stories

CNN: 9 crash-related stories

ABC News: 1 crash-related story
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 04:18 AM   #10
giuliom
Registered Member

Well, I don't know about your "liberal" media, but here in liberal LA the liberal Los Angeles Times has had excellent coverage of the trial, with fairly detailed information. I learned several details of the accident from their coverage.

Giulio
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote