Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 12-03-2003, 05:44 AM   #41
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Grumpy old men

What's a matter didn't have your Ensure today?
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2003, 05:48 AM   #42
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Three MO stooges vs KPaul next year on the track

Are you sure about that? OK Laguna Seca next year we settle this. MO sponsors a race on Buell Blasts. I'll even give you old guys a one turn head start.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:03 AM   #43
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Motorcycle

Ouch. Sarnali are you joining the three stooges now or the Grumpy old men? It's ok I do my best work when completely outnumbered by the gray-pony tail club.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:43 AM   #44
tumbler
Founding Member

Default Re: Grumpy old men

I'm much younger than you, whipper-snapper.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 08:26 AM   #45
cycleguy26
Founding Member

Default Re: Another (BAD) Motorcycle Movie

Now this is a long shot, but why not a movie about real racing. The plot is already there. The hero of the movie can be a nice, laid-back, friendly, yet talented underdog kinda guy, ala EBoz. Then the bad guy, or guys, can be panty-waste, crybaby jerks, think Mladin or Kurtis Roberts. The movie can involve an entire season of racing. Realistic racing can be very exciting, especially if no one has a real edge. Make the racing scenes close. That should please the guy viewers. Cheesey as it is, an umbrella girl can provide the potential for sex or romance, the former for the guys, the latter for the ladies. Sounds like Top Gun but with motorcycles instead of jets. It could work.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:29 AM   #46
seruzawa
The Toad

Wasn't the movie where Ducati 998s couldn't outrun a Ford actually called "Fled"?

The movie was doomed anyhow by having a Baldwin brother cast in it.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:38 AM   #47
dragknt
Registered Member

Unless I'm mistaken, the 998 is air cooled, so no oil. Either way, I think the Duc not outrunning the Crown Vic was more someone driving a bi-posto the wrong way in interstate traffic with only a half-assed grasp of controlling the fake reality stuff. I sure as hell wouldn't want to go any more than 60, doing that, either.
dragknt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 10:21 AM   #48
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Hey Harley guys notice something

I don't even own a Harley currently. So why am I a "Harley guy"? You and longride ride the Buckets-O-Bolts(tm).

He is getting more and more desperate to get one of us to respond to him, isn't he? Maybe his mom will have to get his Ritalin augmented with Prozac. I'm sure she's getting tired of him riding up and down the street on his StingRay(tm) with the cards in the spokes making vroom-vroom noises between periods of shrieking at his monitor. I'd suggest strychnine but.....
Old 12-03-2003, 10:43 AM   #49
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycle

Not at all, my son. I'm a dedicated fence-sitter.

I do think most motorcyclists skills increase with experiance, and sadly you don't have much, though that doesn't stop you from ranting on about things, it does make you come off a little shrill.

I tend to side with your antagonists because like them I'm older, have been riding alot of years and have owned a number of different bikes
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 12:55 PM   #50
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Hey Harley guys notice something

What's a StingRay?