Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 10-31-2003, 03:13 PM   #11
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default There are car websites?

What WOULD they talk about. Hmm...

"You know the new Suburban offers a 1.2 cfm increase in air flow from the air-conditioner over the Excursion."

"WOW! I GOTTA have one!

TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2003, 03:21 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: KY Deaths rise after helmet-law repeal

I would agree with you only on the condition that we refuse to give medical care to anyone who hurts himself through other inherently dangerous activity as well. This includes.... driving a car, skiing, mountain climbing, bicycling, playing soccer, showering.... there are many others I'm sure. All the above activites are proven by insurance statistics to be extremely hazardous.

Seriously, how would you make an exception for only motorcyclists? Especially if the person hurt is paying the taxes and insurance premiums that provide these services.

Sure, riding without a helmet is foolhardy. I'm never ever without my fullface Shoei even when I ride a Harley. But arbitrarily singling out motorcyclists is unfair.

It is not very compassionate either.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:53 PM   #13
obandoj
Founding Member

I've said before and I'll say it again, stupid is as stupid does.

Long live Arai!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 05:29 PM   #14
KPaulCook
Banned

Default It not free-choice for everyone

"BETWEEN 1995 and 2000, motorcyclists without helmets who were treated at University Hospital ran up acute-care charges totaling more than $1.97 million, Vitaz found. The costs did not include physicians' fees, rehabilitation and lost time from work.

"Why should society pay for their freedom" not to wear helmets, Vitaz said. "That's a significant burden." "

KPauls helmet law:

The best solution is if you don't wear a helmet you pay for injuries etc. This not wearing helmet nonsense may make getting health insurance, life insurance for bikers more expensive. My life insurance policy doesn't pay if I die flying a plane. I see the time coming when insurance companies will say we won't pay off if you die riding a motorcycle. More more people will say why should my health insurance premiums be higher so Billy Bob can ride around without a helmet.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 09:14 PM   #15
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Let's include: not exercising enough, being overweight/underweight, eating fried foods, eating beef, having sex (you can never be too safe), exposure to the sun, going to hospitals, flying, boating, swimming, walking and OF COURSE riding motorcycles even WITH a helmet (clearly an inherently Dangerous activity if ever there was one). Let's not forget those people that are alive, statistics show that 100% of these folks die, ingratiously exposing Society to potentual Financial AND Emotional burdens! Yessiree!, I propose a law that Anyone, Ever, caught doing Anything that could be considered dangerous by Anyone be immediately Shot by the State at their OWN expense for their own good and for the Protection of and the Financial and Emotional status of the Good Citizens with enough "Common Sense" not to exgage in Dangerous things! Don't like my law? Tough, it's the law, obviously any questioning of "The Law" will result in instant Anarchy and You should be Shot! It's all for your own good and for the Protection of and the Financial and Emotional Wellness of Society.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 05:07 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: There are car websites?

Very stute. You can find such stuff right here
Old 11-02-2003, 05:42 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

You post has overstepped the bounds of The Internet Decency Act. Your irresponsible and sarcastic missive has influenced at least one young person to question the democratically determined rules of acceptable conduct and therefore someone may do something risky that could possibly result in a dollar's worth or more of public medical costs.

Therefore you willbe shot!
Old 11-02-2003, 09:43 AM   #18
kowalke67
Founding Member

Helmet, full-face, all the time. My state doesn't even require it but it's like Amex and condoms, don't leave home without it.

I don't know if I'd fight to the death but I'd take a good maiming so long as it's not my face (too pretty) or anything in the groin area.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:32 AM   #19
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Bummer! Do I have to pay for it?
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 04:05 PM   #20
glgray81
Founding Member

I think that the whole point of my message was missed. I am not saying deny medical access. I am saying that if you life is saved, neither the hospital or the taxpayers shoud be responsible for your bills. You should have to pay it back, even if it means granishing your wages. And compassion? No. Not when it was their choice to not strap on a helmet.
glgray81 is offline   Reply With Quote