Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 12-28-2000, 04:48 PM   #1
blip
Founding Member

Default Re: Value Bike Feedback

Note that there was nothing wrong with the Yamaha's clutch -- it was just mis-adjusted from the factory. A couple quick turns of the hidden-under-a-rubber-boot adjuster, and it's action was back to normal...
blip is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-28-2000, 06:06 PM   #2
FDR
Founding Member

I agree !! the M600D would have been in the hunt ! may not have beat out the SV but wouldn't have been last place either I bet ! I vote for a recount !

FDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2000, 06:10 PM   #3
James
Founding Member

Gimme a play! If you want cheap fun, grey-market an Aprilia RS125, tune it and blow everyone into the weeds, scare dogs and old folks, and die with a smile on your face!
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2000, 06:58 PM   #4
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Good Article!

But do you get the feeling MO did this just because they felt they had to? It seemed a little rushed, but a fine job nonetheless.

I'm surprised more riders didn't enjoy the KLR- I had a crapped out one briefly, and it was a great bike for the city. Also, at $4999, you can't beat the value.

I'd like to see a budget sportbike review- EX500, Monster 600, 250 Ninja, SV650, GS500, and the MZ Skorpion. (How come honda and yamaha don't have budget sportbikes?) Do the whole schmeer- dragstrip, canyons, racetrack laptimes.

That would be very useful to new sportriders, ans well as informative to those of us who race on a limited budget.

Let me know if you need a (crash) tester!

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2000, 07:00 PM   #5
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Gabe

The only thing "cool" about the budget monsters is the $.50 decal that says "Ducati". An SV650 with $800 of suspension work will make short work of ANY monster model, and the looks grow on you.

Old 12-28-2000, 07:01 PM   #6
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Oops! I'm not a narcissist!

I just accidentally put my name in the subject box. Well, maybe I am a narcissist, subliminablely.

Old 12-28-2000, 07:43 PM   #7
tony
Founding Member

Those two bikes were of fit in ahead of the 883 along with the Bandit 600, Marauder, the DR650 would of been a better choise for the daul sport. I think they only wanted one bike from each manufactor and Kawasaki was the klr650. It was a nice test and brought out different points of different style bikes. Reality if I was going to spend almost $6k on some of those bikes I could by last years model of a katana 600. It would be a new 2000 and this is still 2000 at least for a couple days. But you could walk away with a 2000 Bandit 1200 right now for $6.5k. I would guess you could get a ZR1100 for the same it would be worth waiting a couple months to have some extra $$$. It would of been nice if they used the nija 500 instead of the Klr650 since it should of come in second or at least should of. Suzuki and Kawasaki make the best and most budget minded bikes so they should of come out 1-2 in my mind.
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2000, 01:09 AM   #8
IceWorm
Registered Member

Default A Dozen Dealers?

You say a dozen dealers within a 100 miles of you? Can you say oversaturation? I bet none of those dealers are too damn happy with Harley Davidson settin up so many stores. Ya got half the damn town walkin around in fringe?

Does Buell make a grass catcher attachment for the Be-Last?
IceWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2000, 01:24 AM   #9
IceWorm
Registered Member

Default Again no ZR7

This article would have had more interest if MO had picked some fresh meat for this test. What were you guys thinking? No need to include a ZR7 (a new model that has attracted attention from smart people other than us), lets give em another test of the Nighthawk. Yep Nighthawk it is, ya know, ya just can't write enough about that darn loveable 750. Man, I can't believe you left out the Monster 600 too.

Please no more retread bargain blaster stories about bikes we are all to familiar with. If this is the best you can do I would rather see a story about that nice intern/book reviewer Danielle.
IceWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2000, 04:52 AM   #10
hemoglobin
Founding Member

How is it that the 883 and CB750, both unchanged in the last decade, changed positions from the last value bike shootout? There's nothing like consistency in reviews...
hemoglobin is offline   Reply With Quote