Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-03-2001, 07:48 AM   #41
blip
Founding Member

Default Re: Where are my posts?!?

We don't delete posts, someone must've moderated your post down to -1, in which case, you (and everyone else who didn't specifically set their threshold to -1) won't see it. The post is still there, look at the top of the feedback to set your threshold, and in your user preferences page, there's a "Comments" option where you can set this if you're a registered user.

And yes, there is a profanity filter, it's automatic. Try and be more eloquent, and you won't have problems with this feature!
blip is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2001, 09:45 AM   #42
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: ZR7 Exclusion

Each manufacturer was told the parameters of this test and was able to chose one bike to represent this category. Kawasaki chose to send us the KLR650. In retrospect, the ZR7 might have given the SV650 more of a run for top spot, but the KLR is a very cool and worthwile option in this group. It offers things that no other bike here is able to and we are glad we had it in the shootout.

We are planning a test of the ZR7, possibly against other similar bikes,

in the near future. Any ideas regarding this, let 'em fly...
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 09:46 AM   #43
MoMo
Founding Member

Default Re: Value Bike Feedback

glad to hear such good things about the SV-650. It was mentioned the suspension could use a little work though. Anyone have any suggestion? I would like to get one of these little beauties this spring.
MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 02:08 PM   #44
SamBlob
Founding Member

Default Re: ZR7 Exclusion

Another possibility would be a "Middleweight Fours" comparo: Bandit 600S vs. ZR-7 vs. NIghthawk 750, with the same kind of testing as mentioned above...
SamBlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 02:33 PM   #45
SamBlob
Founding Member

Default Re: Consistency noted after re-reading...

Thus explaining my bias toward the Nighthawk. Durable, reliable, comfortable, sounds like my bag... Depreciation would only bother me if I had a plan to sell, which doesn't sound likely...
Old 01-04-2001, 08:41 AM   #46
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Where are my posts?!?

It would be nice if there were an explanation somewhere on how to use the new forum stuff. I actually registered and everything. But I still don't understand this "Moderate" thing. When I push the button, what it is supposed to do? Do I choose whether I like the post or not?

The few times I tried it, it didn't seem to do anything, or at least did not give me choices.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 09:12 AM   #47
BuellBoy
Founding Member

Default Re: Been there done that and what you get with a Buell is...

Yup. Another clueless anonymous squid chimes in. What the hell do I care about depreciation? What kind of an IDIOT buys a bike with the sole thought of wondering how easy it'll be to unload?? And as for razor sharpness, I've YET to meet the sportbike weenie who can pass me on real roads (not counting race tracks).
BuellBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 09:49 AM   #48
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Default Re: Value Bike Feedback

You guys got it bass-ackwards. A beginner bike should be a good bike to begin on: good enough to learn on, and something you pass on to other beginners when you're ready to trade up. Learn on the Buell Blast, and you've got everything you need, including room to trade up. Begin on the Suzuki, and you're setting yourself up to be disappointed later. You figure you're doing yourself a favor by trading it in and getting a bigger, more powerful bike, and all of a sudden you realize: "What the -- this thing handles like a PIG ON SKATES! Where's the handling? Why is it so tough to steer? Oh, why did I get rid of my sweet little Suzuki for this warthog??"
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2001, 04:08 AM   #49
jimf
Registered Member

Default SV650 a sportbike?

SV650 is a sportbike? News to me. The SV650S is more along the mold of a sportbike with its partial fairing and much more forward seating position. Being sportbike guys, they'd probably like it even more, though it doesn't quite squeek in under their $6K limit.

The SV650 is more of a classic and is readily comparable to the likes of the 883. But it's a classic with modern interpretation -- and it shows.

jimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2001, 07:19 AM   #50
SamBlob
Founding Member

Default Re: Street sport

Suzuki's "street sport" also includes the Bandit series, which is a modern interpretation of the UJM.

But I agree. The SV650 is more a naked sportbike (like the Monster) than a "do-all" standard. I'm not sure where the ZR-7 stands...