Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 10-08-2003, 08:44 AM   #81
vfr44
Founding Member

Default Re: Dirty Earplugs

Hi

Asking for customer feedback is a good sign - next step is to be sure not to ignore the input.

My suggestion is to mend the fences/relations with Honda so you get in on rides, intros, loaner bikes, etc. so their products are represented in bike tests and comparos. Prior bike tests/comparo were mostly good, useful and worth reading - however it's been a desert/dearth of info lately.

Wayne
vfr44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2003, 08:58 AM   #82
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Who am I you ask ?

You sound pretty much like me a most others here, a motorcycle freak, except the only riding in the rain six times bit (that still tickles the hell out of me)

I would try not to catagorize this as a sportbike site or a cruiser site or any other. As this is MOTORCYCLE online, write about motorcycles. Some daily updates or snip-its from other sites and general M/C intrest bits is fine, throw in a bike or gear test now and then and you're good to go.

It's beyond me how people can bytch about not getting enough content when you update every couple of days. If you compare all the articals and what-not in a month with a monthly print mag I'd say you were pretty close in content, though established magazines do give more in depth reporting and veriaty, thats to be expected given their budgets and experiance.

One of the neatest things about this site is it's interactive nature. I enjoy conversing or sharing opinions with people all over the country, some I think are full of shyt, others impress me with their veiwpoints or experiances.

The point is $12 bucks is pretty cheap to sit around a bullshyt about bikes, If you can't afford it you can hit up longride, he's got money.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:01 AM   #83
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

LOL! Can't say that I disagree with you on that. I don't think there's enough booze to make up for what OKC has to offer. That's why I only offered the one. I knew I couldn't afford it otherwise.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:22 AM   #84
nbyers
Registered Member

Default Breaking that MC Habit

JB--

I've subscribed to Motorcyclist since 1983, not coincidentally the year I bought my first bike. In my basement are 20 years of Motorcyclist, stored neatly by year.

OK, that's a little anal but I'm an engineer, I can't help it. Point is, I've been reading MC for a long time and feel as qualified to comment on its content as any other MOron.

The issue in 1984 which covered the Honda 700 Nighthawk is my example of a great issue. Four new bikes tested and explored in depth in one issue. When the VMax came out, I think it was Jeff Karr who penned the immortal lines "I saw Jesus so many times I started using him as a braking marker."

Up into the mid-90's it was still pretty good. I particularly enjoyed the hooligan feature in about '97 with the 748, Speed Triple, Ninja 900, and Superhawk.....at the end of this feature you said "These are five of my favorite bikes and trying to choose between them [is impossible]." Not that I in any way advocate wheelies in densly populated urban areas, jumping curbs, mindless speeding for its own sake or any other hooligan activity.

But frankly, JB, since Ienatsch (sp?) and Carrithers and the mighty Prurient Burns left, MC is pretty damn bland. You are not a sour grape, or not any more than is appropriate, anyway. Motorcyclist has squandered years of good journalism by degenerating into something, well, boring.

So to make a short story long, I've started recycling my issues of MC. There's a british mag called "BIKE" which I've been holding onto, though, if for no other reason than the outrageous slang they use.
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:27 AM   #85
nbyers
Registered Member

Default Re: Last Post

Dude, it's only twelve bucks. Per year. If MO only gets one scoop a year it's worth it.
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:47 AM   #86
jwferg
Founding Member

Default Re: Update: Dirty Earplugs

I'm with all the folks who are asking to see more bikes reviewed. The motorcycling world is quite diverse; therefore, an article on a Kawasaki Super Sherpa (among many bikes you hardly see reviewed anywhere) might pique the interest of lots of people, just as would a review of any "must-have" bike. Many of us enjoy motorcycles, period. Yeah, we may have a favorite brand, but it's kind of fun just to read about most any machine out there. Any model, fast or not, small or large, naked or full dress tourer. It doesn't matter.

Anything motorcycle in regards to products... I've spent lots of money on great new products because I read about them here or somewhere else. Keep that kind of stuff coming.

How about a forum? I will religiously log onto a forum where I feel like I can pick up useful information or contribute some myself.

jwferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:57 AM   #87
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Maybe you don't read too well. I never said you did anything. You did tell me to come off my "high horse", and that some idiots can give us the "i'm out of here if this doesn't happen" shyt. I don't go for it. Nobody threatens me if I'm in business or not. Like I said, suggestions are fine, but I think lots of people who are subscribed for all of 11.94 ought to grow up or move on. That's my opinion. If that was your first post, you picked the wrong guy to respond to. Believe me on that one.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:58 AM   #88
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Who am I you ask ?

If you want to look at bankrupt content, just check the current Cycle World.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:01 AM   #89
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: What happened to Timmy????????????

Man, you guys were rough on poor Timmy. He crashed so often, he was thinking of being a crach dummy for GM. EB ya gotta be easier on the newbies.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:13 AM   #90
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Breaking that MC Habit

That IS a good line. I'll have to borrow that one.

And besides being bland, MC is as biased as they come. It's not coincidence that:

1) Boehm used to work for Honda

2) They were the only magazine to pick the 600RR as the 600 comparo winner when it finished no higher than third everywhere else.