Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 10-08-2003, 05:02 AM   #41
Speed1
Founding Member

Default Re: Dirty Earplugs

Obviously, by placing this question, MO wanted responses from their subscribers. So get off your high-horse and let them respond truthfully.

The reason I subscribed to this site was to learn more about motorcycles, gear, and riding tips. Unfortunately, this does not seem to happen much lately.

Be Safe!

Speed1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2003, 05:08 AM   #42
SparkyBlue
Founding Member

Listen carefully ....."What django9270 said"
SparkyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 05:17 AM   #43
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I guess they can respond and I can't? Gee, that sounds fair. I guess you don't know me well, eh? Truthful responses don't include threats. Especially when it's the same threats from the same people over and over. If you aren't learning anything then you haven't been paying attention, and if the site isn't for you then just go away, because nobody really want's to hear about how you are going to quit if blah blah blah. Like I said, suggestions are great and threats are bullshyt.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:19 AM   #44
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Is there any option where you don't renew and MO stays? Is that possible, or are you the key brick in the wall where without you, life itself cannot exist?
Old 10-08-2003, 05:22 AM   #45
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Last Post

Yeah, ya can't beat ole motorcycle daily for fresh rumors and ride-around-the-block tests. You could spend at least 5 minutes on that site and not be bored.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:27 AM   #46
travisyoung
Founding Member

The fact that you love bikes is enough.

But you really should review the new Norton...make it a roadtrip to Portland and tour the factory...while you're here you can do a piece on wet weather riding. (Or you could wait until June)
travisyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 06:01 AM   #47
seruzawa
The Toad

Longride is right. Stop whining and threatening to leave. How many people wasted more than $12 taking their significant other to see "Gigli"? Where else can you buy a year long argument for a measly 12 clams? How many people spend 5 times that on cable TV only to sit through hours of commercials or the same stupid movies over and over again? How many people gave money to the United Way for that matter?

We get ripped off all the time. At least here we can rip Sean a new one if we feel POed.

The only thing I'd like to see on this site is more tests. To heck with all this factionism and downputting of other people's rides. Test everything. I ride all kinds of bikes and want to own all of them. Failing that I want to read about all of them.

I'd also like to see more articles about the forces that are arrayed against our sport. Perhaps a dose of the reality of the Sierra Club and others who intend to eliminate off-road riding might aid in reminding us that regardless of what we like to ride there are well-funded organizations that would love nothing more than to see bikes banned.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:02 AM   #48
pattonme
Founding Member

I do! and I will happily contribute my "sage" input for the masses to redicule. And hell yes I'll ride anything. especially the NOT bleeding edge stuff.
pattonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 06:04 AM   #49
Speed1
Founding Member

You must not have read my post very well; I did not threaten to do anything.

However,

If MO is a business like any other business, they should be interested in whether their consumers are happy. If the consumers stop consuming, they will not remain a business for very long. So I don't think they just want people to "go away."

Also, if I was a business, I would rather have the consumers threatening to quit because they are not satisified, over not saying anything and just quitting.

Second, that was my first post ever!
Speed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 06:12 AM   #50
pushrod
Founding Member

Just for illumination, how many MO subscribers are there? I mean, I know in these hard times that $12 is a tough nut, and I wonder how many die-hard motorcyclists have ante'd up.

The "Who's Online" says there are currently 387 guests and 188 members. As revolting as the thought of all those "members" may be, let's assume we're talking about people.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote