Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 09-24-2003, 10:41 AM   #21
SmokeU
Registered Member

Default Re: Congressman is Very Sorry

True, true, kind of like the Daredevil style of vigilate, wait until after the trial to hunt them down. Good idea, can I hide out at your place while the aftermath blows over??

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2003, 10:46 AM   #22
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Anarchy is good. I've always thought that a Mad Max society would be a lot of fun. No laws, just raising hell 24/7.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 11:21 AM   #23
theDuke
Founding Member

It's clear from his history of reckless driving that he has already received a great deal of special priveledge because of his political connections. If he was anybody else he would have had his license revoked by now.

I bet he gets a great rate on his vehicle insurance to top everything off.

My insurance company would have cut me off years ago if I drove like this schmuck. It never hurts to be on a first name basis with the state insurance regulators!

theDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 12:16 PM   #24
SparkyBlue
Founding Member

Default Re: no one to protect him??!!! HAH hah hah!

Oh I don't think he will get away. This one is not quite like OJ. This was a very public mistake and his driving record is clear for all to see. He'll get no sympathy if a jury decides.
SparkyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 01:14 PM   #25
FrankS1
Founding Member

Well after he voted himself a nice pay raise, and for the George Bush Tax Cut to let him keep almost all of it, at least he has the dough to shell out to the victim's family for a Wrongful Death lawsuit.

I'm not normally a fan of lawsuits, even justified ones, but in this case it's the only way to make him experience any REAL punishment for his misconduct.

Whaddaya bet his sleazeball lawyers will spend three days discussing how the victim didn't have on a helmet. We can only hope the ones on the other side will have the smarts to dig up how much effort Jankoff put into getting a helmet law in S. Dakota during the 16 years he "serviced" the voters as governor.
FrankS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 01:52 PM   #26
mattg
Founding Member

Sorry isn't always sorry, but dead is always dead. Throw him in prison, remove him from congress, and strip him of his cushy congresional pension and give it to his victims family. I could think of many other penalties, but our constitution would never allow them. By the way, don't think for a second that the spin doctoring is over. Hell, they're just getting warmed up.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:28 PM   #27
El_Duderino
Founding Member

Mad Max isn't anarchy. It's chaos.

"Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." -- Aleister Crowley
El_Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 03:36 PM   #28
El_Duderino
Founding Member

"I'm not normally a fan of lawsuits, even justified ones, but in this case it's the only way to make him experience any REAL punishment for his misconduct."

Well he's not facing a lawsuit (not yet). He's up on criminal charges against the state which will means jail time, hopefully, if he's found guilty. He can still face a civil lawsuit no matter what by the victim's family where they can only seek monetary awards as a result.
El_Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 06:32 PM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

Well, why not? Look how much mileage Clintoon got with his phony-baloney "apologies".

None of these repuiblicrat politicians has even the slightest understanding of the word "responsibility". To them life is just a game that they spend conning people and getting away with crimes that would put the rest of us in jail... or more likely a rubber-room.

Maybe he'll take "responsibility" for his acts, like Reno did after she "saved" all those children by burning them alive. It is simply amazing what atrocities pols can get away with, knowing their toadies in society will spare no effort making excuses for them.

To a politician taking "responsibilty" means getting a free pass. We're supposed to feel awed that this pol has shown remorse and we're supposed to feel sorry for him because he'll have to "live with his deed all of his life". "He's a victim too". Yaddayaddayadda. How many times have we heard that crock? Well, why not? Look how many people forgive pols of the most hideous acts just because he is "their guy". If Clintoon had done exactly what Bushie has the demos would be falling over themselves to justify it all, just as the pubbies would be claiming how wrong it was to invade Iraq. The whole thing is a big con and it's amazing how many otherwise intelligent people fall for the broad fraud that is the DC Follies.

Ha! Jacknoff will forget it all the instant he gets probation and he'll be blasting down the road at 80 mph again. I knew the fix was in when they cops cut his speed estimate to below the State maximum.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:03 PM   #30
veepster
Registered Member

Gee, maybe we (taxpayers) are getting a great rate paying for his insurance. Considering all the bennies these a$$ wipes get it wouldn't suprise me much.

Honestly I hope the AMA sqeezes this bastard till he pops!

Ride Safe...veepster
veepster is offline   Reply With Quote