Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 09-24-2003, 08:04 AM   #11
dnlwthrn
Founding Member

Default Re: Congressman is Very Sorry

And we won't even get into the Democrats....
dnlwthrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2003, 08:22 AM   #12
brcookg
Founding Member

Default Congressional privileges...

I, for one, would certainly hate to see him get off lightly for this. He apparently has already been given a lot of leeway in the past...12 speeding tickets in the last 4 years? How many of us would still be driving...or able to afford insurance with that record? And he still has some groovy cop lights that were installed in his caddy's grill when he was gov; seems somebody forgot to take them out when he went to D.C.

An interesting side note for those who like to debat helmate usage; according to the accident report, Mr. Scott wasn't wearing a helmet. Regardless of how you feel about 'em (I wear one...it's the law in my state) I figure that a helmet couldn't do much for you in a collision with that much Detroit iron at that speed.
brcookg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 08:35 AM   #13
RonXX
Founding Member

I would like to see him tortured to death. Maybe a few hours of pain would get him to admit that what he did was actually wrong, not just a sad accident.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 08:56 AM   #14
El_Duderino
Founding Member

"Janklow said President Bush, Bush's father and former President Clinton have called his home and that he talked with the Bushes but was not well enough to speak with Clinton."

LOL!

This Shill is just full of crocodile tears, and hopefully his jury will see this. Even if he was really sorry does it matter? Whether your remoseful or not should not have any impact with your sentencing. That's what punishment is for. Imagine how many other convicted murderers whould be on the street, how many children would be relieved of being grounded, if all it took for meeting with their punishment was just to feel sorry for what they've done.
El_Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 09:26 AM   #15
sarnali
Founding Member

You forgot Idi Amin

Janklow may not be in this league, but he's the sorriest son of a ***** I've seen.

At least he's not going to let his personal tragedy stop him from serving the people of S. Dakota,

What a guy.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 09:31 AM   #16
sarnali
Founding Member

I think they're charging him the most the law allows, which in this case is manslaughter 2

I don't doubt he'll skate, but it looks like the prosecuter is putting forth the effort.

How many motorcyclists do you think his attorneys will allow on THAT jury.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 09:57 AM   #17
SmokeU
Registered Member

Sorry my ass, the local papers(I'm from SD) say that he hasn't even contacted Randy Scott's family. BS like this makes me want to hunt him down and do some good old fashioned vigilante justice, something that would do the Dakota Territory of 120 years ago justice.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:01 AM   #18
Whatmough
Founding Member

What do you think? You know as well as I, it's not what you know, it's who you know. This bastard knows everyone he needs to know in his state to make sure prison isn't even a consideration.
Whatmough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 10:29 AM   #19
kawazuki
Founding Member

Hey now, we still have to operate under the principle of innocent until proven guilty. There's been no trial yet, so we can't be certain that he actually blew through a stop sign at 15 mph above the speed limit and nailed a motorcyclist and killed him...

No wait, I'm wrong.

But at least wait until he weasels out of it to go weasel hunting. I'd rather see the system do its job than not be given the chance. That way lies madness.

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 10:31 AM   #20
F451
Founding Member

Default Jacnoff is berry, berry sorrrry...my arse!

He was on ABC news two evenings ago and completely vehement on how he will NOT step down. ABC mentioned that he had 12 speeding tickets in the last five years and five other accidents. A woman who nearly lost who family as Jacnoff barely missed her vehicle said how she was brushed off by the police when they learned that is was Jacnoff who was driving the car that nearly totaled hers.

We need to write Washington as they don't want bad press or notoriety. Jacnoff cannot get away with murder.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote