Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 09-16-2003, 11:09 AM   #111
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: New Tax Plan for the rich

oops I meant to say If we need more money to fight a war we should not be giving people tax cuts.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2003, 11:11 AM   #112
craig__w
Founding Member

Default Re: How fast is too fast?

Hey DataDan,

I can understand how you don't think bikers should speed, and I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion, but those examples were pretty weak, and the almost added credibility to the corollary argument.

Firstly, the driver of the SUV was drunk, and the kids weren't wearing seatbelts, but that wasn't the motorcyclist's fault, it could just as well have been a car that crashed, leading to the accident, that car was an accident waiting to happen, he was probably talking in his cellphone as well. He shouldn't have been driving in the first place if he was drunk.

Secondly, the other two articles you reference, stand to exemplify why it's safer for a motorcyclist to speed than for an SUV driving soccer mom. The only significant injuries were to the motorcyclists, who, unfortunately, died. It sounds like the woman made a left right in front of the motorcyclist. Had he not been wheelying, she possibly still wouldn't have seen him, then it would have just been another statistic to reinforce the Hurt Report stats on left turning drivers.

I figure you should be happy, based upon your condescending attitude, that those two guys are gone. Everyone else's life goes on, but they won't be acting like idiots any more. Maybe it's better we don't care if people speed on their bikes in inappropriate places, that way they remove themselves from the gene pool.

craig__w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 11:16 AM   #113
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: "115"

was that in KPH or MPH?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 11:22 AM   #114
sarnali
Founding Member

The headlight and taillight bulbs, however disintigrated at 95
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 12:08 PM   #115
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I guess some people like to live with blinders on, and others like to make up bullshyt for their own shortcomings, and then there is KPaul that does both. Hopefully, we can get back to what's really important, like ignoring KPaul. I'm beginning to like this!
Old 09-16-2003, 12:24 PM   #116
SmokeU
Registered Member

I've hit an indicated 135mph on the Magna, 125mph on the Conk and pushed my old Shadow VLX up to about 100mph. Always on desolate roads in MN or SD. Only problem with going fast here in SD is the pheasants.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:33 PM   #117
Tigercub
Founding Member

I don't think so. They blew out long before that and my 'high speed run' was during the day - the only time I ride that bike.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 01:26 PM   #118
KPaulCook
Banned

Its ok I know my facts and data are hitting home. Cause if it wasn't you be jumping in with your own facts and data. oops I thought I was arguing with intelligent people for a sec. Forgot it was longride, 1/3 of the three stooges. Has your job gone to India yet
Old 09-16-2003, 01:32 PM   #119
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Hope to see you on "World's dumbest criminals"

Or "How I out ran the police radio" or "Bike vs Heleicopter"
Old 09-16-2003, 02:03 PM   #120
seruzawa
The Toad

Never forget. Every single Democrat and Republican politician is a patriot! Thay are all willing to sacrifice so much for their country.

And they are all willing to prove their patriotism by fighting to the last 19 year-old!