Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 09-16-2003, 09:55 AM   #101
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Re: How fast is too fast?

A sign that Daddy is ggeting you a training bra for Christmas?

Sorry, Sarnali, just couldn't help it.

Me? An "indicated" 115 on my R1150GS Adventure. Which is, like, 68 mph in real life.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2003, 09:57 AM   #102
Tigercub
Founding Member

I did 110mpH according to the clock on my Norton Commando several years ago just before I was going to rebuild the engine. Nothing siezed in the motor, the primary belt ( I had a belt) held together, the engine and clutch sprockets stayed bolted on their shafts, the gearbox didn't pack it in, the rear chain stayed on its' sprockets, the tires didn't blow and I think those were about all the things going through my mind at the time.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 10:03 AM   #103
KPaulCook
Banned

Default New Tax Plan for the rich "adopt a soldier"

Since they won't send their sons and daughters to fight, they should adopt a soldier. i.e. Everyone that makes over $500,000 has to pay for the expenses of a soldier in Iraq.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 10:04 AM   #104
obandoj
Founding Member

Hey Bobo no disrespect to you, but most modern sport bikes only need about 3 miles or so to reach their top speeds, so theoretically you can do it just about anywhere. not that you should, but...
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 10:13 AM   #105
obandoj
Founding Member

Oh yes, I saw my friends GSXR 1100 dangle away in the back of a wrecker, he was arrested for reckless driving, the cops have no sense of humor here in Arizona, it brought tears to my eyes, age has nothing to do with going fast. Stones, skill and judgement are the things that matter, keep up the fun and watch out for smokey.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:14 AM   #106
obandoj
Founding Member

Oh yes, I saw my friends GSXR 1100 dangle away in the back of a wrecker, he was arrested for reckless driving, the cops have no sense of humor here in Arizona, it brought tears to my eyes, age has nothing to do with going fast. Stones, skill and judgement are the things that matter, keep up the fun and watch out for smokey.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:16 AM   #107
obandoj
Founding Member

Do you practice what you preach? Yeah right...
Old 09-16-2003, 11:01 AM   #108
brickl
Founding Member

Default Re: New Tax Plan for the rich

There was some doubt in my mind before, but that doubt now been beaten to a bloody pulp...
brickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 11:07 AM   #109
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: New Tax Plan for the rich

What doubt was that? No I am not a liberal. I am fiscal conservative social liberal and I don't think we should be getting into fights we can't finish. If we need more money to fight a war we should be giving people tax cuts.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 11:09 AM   #110
jzeluff
Founding Member

As someone who makes a living designing aerospace vehicles (and someone with several engineering degrees), I've always believed that the POSTED speed limit (the laws of man) have very little to do with the PHYSICAL speed limit (laws of nature). Here in Arizona there's all kinds of ancient cars running around with bald tires, smoking engines, and drivers of questionable origin. Posted speed limit here is 75. Far too fast for some of these vehicles, which were never designed to travel that fast in the first place and now have compound maintenance issues to boot. On the other hand, in a well designed (read late model performance-oriented) vehicle on a well designed road (concrete interstates out here are pretty nice), 75 doesn't even come close to approaching the 'safe design' speed. Pretty unfair that I get a ticket for 85 in said type vehicle on said type road when a coyote with 23 illegal aliens stuffed in the back of his ailing van sails by the same cop at 70, menacing everyone around him.

Oh yeah, 115 on a 2001 SV650S and 160 in a Mercedes SL600 (unfortunately, not my car!)

jzeluff is offline   Reply With Quote