Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 09-16-2003, 07:03 AM   #91
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: How fast is too fast?

Sorry. I've been riding old piles of crap for so long, anything over 60 mph seems like hyperspace.

I have to admire anyone who can top out one of these new crotch rockets.

I tried to redline my '81 KZ750 in 5th gear recently, it was tankslapping so bad my ass almost sucked the seatcover off.

Watch out for Volvos. This morning on the way to work, one cut me off, and I tore it's giant sideview mirror right off. Old CB350's have real strong levers.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2003, 07:14 AM   #92
jimbo143
Founding Member

On an '03 Vulcan A-model (skinny front tire) about 100. Oh yeah, with an open-faced helmet. Probably looked like Jim Carrey in that animal detective movie when he was driving his car. Pretty dumb, but fun. Should be fined?-Sure. Criminal-in the strict sense of the word?-Sure. Put in jail?-No. Do it again-Mmmmmmmm maybe...
jimbo143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 07:21 AM   #93
seruzawa
The Toad

I think he was blaming Pres. Bush for earthquakes or industrial civilization or some such. I can't help it. I have a hard time with people who think either one of the two major criminal gangs... er, I mean, political parties... is a solution to the other.

Guess I'm still bitter over being sent to Vietnam by the democrats... who still pretend they are anti-war.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:36 AM   #94
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Someone has to bring it up.

I've timed the speedo on my GSX and at an indicated 90mph it's doing 80mph. It gets worse as it goes faster.

The funny thing is that the tach is exactly as inaccurate as the speedo.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:42 AM   #95
seruzawa
The Toad

Keep it up and we won't have to worry about supporting you with Social Security a few years down the road.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:46 AM   #96
toad0
Founding Member

I agree that there are too many idiots out there who think that hot-rodding in urban areas is cool. It gives us responsible riders a bad name because we get lumped in with the irresponsible ones. I did an indicated 130+ mph on a modified FZ600 on a long stretch of deserted highway. That was enough for me. I love riding for the sake of riding. I don't condemn anyone who wants to test the limits of their bike, just do it in unpopulated areas.

For all out acceleration thrills, go ride a fast roller coaster.
toad0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 08:12 AM   #97
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

It would also require a severely hot-rodded bike. I did a trackday at BIR yesterday, and even on my R1, I would guess my speed at the end of the 3/4 mile front straight to be not more than 160MPH (an indicated 175.)
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 08:15 AM   #98
toad0
Founding Member

You're the lawyer... shouldn't you know if a bike can be confiscated??

I think if you are going fast enough they will impound the bike, but I'm not sure what the limit is.
toad0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 08:51 AM   #99
sarnali
Founding Member

It's your fault for not being some rich-***** college boy from kennybunkhill, betcha didn't see too many of them in the bush.

Eveyone knows the democrats are for us working men, thats why they signed Nafta, thats helped working people all over the country by giving them more time to spend with they're families.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 08:54 AM   #100
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Why Bush shouldn't drive? He is wrecking the U.S. economy

U.S. losing manufacturing jobs at record rate

Billion dollar deficits. Tax cuts for the rich Oh yeah Bush is awesome. Iraq where Bush lied and soldiers died. Yep you three stooges are brilliant.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote