Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 08-25-2003, 05:23 AM   #1
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: Congressman Crash AMA Request

I went to the AMA site and sent the letter and ended up sending all but two of the AMA Action Alerts. I'll catch alot of Helll but I don't support opening up more wild lands to motorcycles and I don't support Bush on his bs Healthy Forests bill. His idea of healthy forests is to allow all the trees the timber company wants to remove to be removed without restriction.

At Sturgis I camped in the Black Hills Forest and decided to follow the logging road back aways past my camp. You should see what those timber companies do beyond the site of the hiways. They literally shred the forest with some kind of machinery that tear everything right out of the ground and I mean every tree, shrub, and plant. It ends up looking like a tornado ripped a swath through the forest. The lumber road I was camping off of had a sign as you entered from the hiway not to proceed and to keep out. I been camping there the last few years and no one was around so I went back to where I normally camp. The area I use is still intact but right across the trail it was stripped to the rocky soil. What a nightmare they visit on our National Forests.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2003, 05:27 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

And so it begins. Now his speed is 70-75MPH instead of 80MPH. Now he wasn't over the South Dakota maximum. This is a strategic victory for the defense, if true. Now his speed wasn't automatically criminally negligent.

He's getting away with it folks. Watch it unfold.

Some may find this interesting: LINK
Old 08-25-2003, 06:02 AM   #3
SmokeU
Registered Member

I new Janklow was an a$$hole, but I didn't know he was that bad. I'm glad I voted for the other guy last year. The longer I'm in SD, the more bad things I hear about Janklow. I'm amazed that the residents of SD elected him 4 times and then to the senate. I live in SD, but I'm not from there that's for damn sure.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:18 AM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member

So I'm guessing your house and every building where you live is made out of bricks?

Of course, that leaves those damn miners ripping up the hills.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 06:19 AM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Well heck they elect Tom Daschle every year too!
Old 08-25-2003, 06:35 AM   #6
83XLH1000
Registered Member

Nope. Most of it's wood. Nobody suggests that trees not be harvested, only that they take a little more care NOT to destroy the forest in the process. It can be done. It might mean a few more bucks for a sheet of plywood but I for one am willing to pay it. How about you?

Bill
83XLH1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 06:52 AM   #7
travisyoung
Founding Member

Well, there is no shortage of lumber...despite the boom in new home construction, lumber prices are lower than ever. American mills can barely make a profit if any at all because prices are so low. The lumber industry likes to blame it on Canadian subsidies of their lumber industry, which might be part of the reason. However, cheap timber is not the only factor. Canadian mills are generally higher tech and can mill timber less expensively than most American mills...because of this, free access to more forests won't really help the American lumber industry.
travisyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 06:52 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Note to electraglide_1997: Those logging policies you are complaining about have been in place for decades. Clinton did nothing to stop them either when he was president and both the House and Senate were under demo control. Neither did Bush I, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman, Roosevelt II, Hoover, etc., etc.

Get a clue.

Old 08-25-2003, 06:53 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Note to electraglide_1997: Those logging policies you are complaining about have been in place for decades. Clinton did nothing to stop them either when he was president and both the House and Senate were under demo control. Neither did Bush I, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman, Roosevelt II, Hoover, etc., etc.

Get a clue.

Old 08-25-2003, 07:10 AM   #10
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I'm all for blaming everything on the Canadians.

Did I tell you I invaded Canada once? Or was it Austrailia?