Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 08-26-2003, 04:51 AM   #61
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Rider_md

It is from a January 17, 2003 article from Indian Country Today. Here is the link

http://www.indiancountry.com/?1042821426
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2003, 04:58 AM   #62
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Evil guy Janklow

This Janklow not only needs to answer for killing a fellow motorcyclist, the Native American people need closure on the rape and murder of one of their own. If Janklow is responsible for the rape and murder of that girl then he is pure evil and it sounds like the making of a good movie. You know, Evil Politician who thinks that he is above the law kill any one in his path to get what he wants. He needs to be put down like a rabid dog if all this is true. This guy must be quite the sociopath.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:07 AM   #63
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Longride/Milwaukee

I'll be riding in to Milwaukee about 1 or 2 pm on Thursday. I'm staying at an ole Marine buddy that I hadn't talked to in 20 years and he lives in Hubertus a Milwaukee suburb. Seemed like only yesterday when I heard his voice over the phone. Funny how that works.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:15 AM   #64
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Think about that

Have you ever been to Sturgis. Probably not. Sounds as if you have been boycotting it already. Explain to me how boycotting an event that is a year away puts this assshole Janklow in prison? Something much more immediate needs to take place. Bombard your congresspeople with email expressing your feelings about Janklow. Crying wolf about a rally that you don't attend in the first place will do little to help bing about justice.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:01 AM   #65
hawkrider
Founding Member

Default Re: Congressman Crash AMA Request

I have mixed feelings on this one. This guy should pay the full price the law can dish out, period! With a history of "documented speeding and reckless driving" his ass should go directly to jail.

I don't feel however that he should be judged in some special way because he hit a fellow rider. It would seem our outrage should be even handed. What if this jerk hit a retired railroad worker on a three wheeled bicycle? Or god forbid a child, or a wife and family in a Minivan.

My point is simple, EVERYONE should speak out to fry this guy, not because he hit a biker but because he was a threat to everyone in his path.
hawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 07:59 AM   #66
cyclesteve
Registered Member

Default Re: Think about that

I am not sure how it sounds from my brief msg that I have not been to Sturgis. By the way I have. I am also of the opinion that a year away event would give time to organize as well as to publicise the boycott.

As for writing to those in power that can do something I have already done that. I hope you have too.

The power of the dollar or the loss of it in this case is more powerful than the pen.
cyclesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 08:14 AM   #67
Tigercub
Founding Member

Bush has stated, partly in response to ignoring the Kyoto treaty that there is lack of conclusive evidence that we have directly affected the environment (Re; global warming). As such, we should simply address each environmental disaster as it happens - there is no need to plan a strategy towards prevention or conservation. In fact no country has ever ignored their desire to strip the raw materials from their (and others) land. We (Bush I) slaughtered tens of thousands of Iraqees to maintain stability of the oil market. And Bush II is effectively doing the same thing. I used to think this was insane and not the providence of human self-preservation. However, it is in fact the way that natural selection works. It may result in our extinction, but until then...
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 05:37 PM   #68
grover750
Founding Member

If Janklow hit a "child, or a wife and family in a Minivan.", we wouldn't be paying attention to this, because we wouldn't need to, he'd get 2nd degree manslaughter charges against him, for sure.

We're not asking that he be "judged in some special way because he hit a fellow rider". We're asking that he be judged in the same way he would if he had hit a "child, or a wife and family in a Minivan." because there is a long and unfortunate history of 4 wheel drivers hitting motorcyclists, killing them, and getting away with the "didn't see him" defense, aided by the rumblings "well, you know, he wasn't wearing a helmet".

grover750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 06:21 AM   #69
hawkrider
Founding Member

This is a sad story, a pathetic jerk with a history runs a stop sign and kills a motorcyclist.

Those are the facts and should be sufficiant to nail this guy.

hawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 06:50 AM   #70
pplassm
Founding Member

What does clearcutting have to do with dirt riding in the national forest?

FWIW, we don't support expansion of trails, only maintenance of what already exists. The problem lies in the definition of "roadless" as used in the forest service vernacular. Any trace less than a certain width and graded is ignored when determining "roadless" areas to designate as additional "Wilderness". Note that "Wilderness" referrs to land designated a such by the Forest Service. No one wants to open existing "Wilderness" regions to dirt riding.