Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 08-25-2003, 10:10 AM   #31
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Congressman Crash AMA Request

You ever notice he's "got a relative" who works in some related field no matter what the topic? It makes him an instant expert.

My guess is the Kook Family tree doesn't have enough branches to be so well-versed on so many topics.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2003, 10:14 AM   #32
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Why BuzBoy can't

You can't respond cause you know I am right Mr. elect a senator every year dude. You have no amo cause you don't think
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:20 AM   #33
KPaulCook
Banned

Argue the facts pal. Yes my brother-in-law is in USFS. It's too bad you revert back to your old tatics, when confronted with superior intelligence. I was also a firefighter for the Dept. of Interior BLM for 6 seasons. So my time spent in the woods wasnt done by watching the OLN network like you.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:29 AM   #34
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re:You can't wipe your ass with a spotted owl

Look what idiot lumber policies did around here Kpaul

Go out to Aberdeen or Hoquiam, all that lumber is going to China now, but don't worry, you can go to Wal*Mart and buy it back in a month or so.

Selective thinning with clearcuts then slash-burning is what keeps the undergrowth under control.

Leaving everything alone creates conditions for the massive fires we've seen the last few years.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:39 AM   #35
sarnali
Founding Member

Not ***** sherlock. A "respected member of Congress" pastes some schmuck on a bike and gets away with it and we're surprised?

By the time these mother****ers are done it'll be the guy on the bikes fault for getting in the way of a V.I.P in the performance of his elected duties.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:42 AM   #36
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Best to let it go, EG. The ditto heads are out today!

You're presenting observations which conflict with an enigmatic leader. That's a no-win proposition.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:51 AM   #37
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Fires are good not bad.

Hey I never said I was for hands off. But they can't leave a NF worse than it was. The timber companies can do what they want to their forests (i.e. clear cut and plant trees in nice rows). Also the problem is that for 20+ years there was a policy of put every fire out i.e. we would land a chopper crew (called helitack in the fire fighting business) on a one tree fire. Also folks are putting houses right next to NF land without good barriers and cleared perimetes. So a managed burn policy will work So what if Yellowstone burns it is better now. More elk, bison, etc. I say if timber companies want to harvest in the National Forest it has to been done eco wise. But fire and large fires are GOOD not bad. Yes the spotted owl was an example of a bad policy but Bush Sr. had that policy didn't he?
Old 08-25-2003, 11:12 AM   #38
KPaulCook
Banned

Default And trees pollute

Right. You would Californicate all the forests if you had your way. So Cal is the worst. SmogBrain
Old 08-25-2003, 11:18 AM   #39
maladg
Registered Member

Posted today on the "American Spectator Online" was an article by one Paul Weyrich (fair disclosure...I'm really, really politically conservative and could care less what my fellow MOrons feel about politics) re the "End of Janklow's political career". That *%$ did not even mention Randolph Scott's name..he was merely a "motorcyclist". I made damn sure Weyrich got a nasty email from me reminding him that Scott DID have a name. Screw em all!
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 11:22 AM   #40
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Best to let it go, EG. The ditto heads are out today!

You gotta admit it's kind of fun watching Kook lose his mind.

I suspect many of us held our own beliefs long before Limbaugh was a phenomena.

Anyway, I popped that 203 cam in my 88 inch E-glide and she has quite the nice, fat torque curve now.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote