Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 08-22-2003, 01:52 AM   #31
rich_lindley
Founding Member

Default Re: Congressman Crash Update II

this make me sick, no words can bring any relief to those left behind by a selfish and murderous act.

On the other hand, wishing harm on the car driver is wrong as well. He needs to bear the full brunt of the law, no more.

We are a civilized and not a lynch mob country, politicians need to see that he is punished sevelry.

The sad part is, doesnt matter what they do to him, the life he stole cannot be returned.

This is very hard to write.

be safe all,

best, richard
rich_lindley is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2003, 03:25 AM   #32
Labrat
Founding Member

The story was on Good Morning America this morning, and they were focusing on Janklow's driving record.
Labrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 05:16 AM   #33
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Abe Froman

Oh, lighten up. You are usually the one who starts off the idiotic political accusations around here.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:53 AM   #34
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Abe Froman

I never blamed Tom Daschle or said he had anything to do with it numbnuts.

I am saying that you can be assured that the Argus Leader wouldn't be reporting the facts of this case if Tom Daschle was the defendant.

Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 05:56 AM   #35
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Janklow

The "R"s don't get their stories published in the "D"-controlled media like the rest of the "D"s do.

I don't have the foggiest idea what public health care and social security have to do with this but suffice to say that whatever it takes to make them go away I am for it.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:57 AM   #36
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Gee no one that reads MO has ever done that......LOL
Old 08-22-2003, 06:26 AM   #37
tshelver
Registered Member

Default Re: Congressman Crash Update II / Devil's advocate

<blockquote>"If he had no reason to be on the road, it would lead me to think he was taking the backroads so he could drive like an idiot and have less chance of getting caught. "

</blockquote>

Of course, none of us motorcyclists would ever, ever think of taking a backroad so we could indulge in a little fun. And 15 to 20 mph over the limit is 'driving like an idiot'...

Right.

Not taking away from the fact that the guy screwed up (badly), but his profile sounds not very different to a lot of motorcyclists I know. Plus I get really worried when CNN et al start in on any story: you know the story is going to come out skewed one way or the other.

From the comments on this list, looks like his biggest crime was driving a Caddy. If he had been on a bike, the comments out of the MC community would have been a lot more muted.

As much as incidents like this give us motorcyclists a chance to thump the drum for draconian motorcycle-specific laws and enforcement, it also gives the safety-crats the chance to say 'if the rider had been in a car / wearing a helmet, he likely would have survived'.

I'm inclined to let the law take its usual dispassionate course. That's why it's there.
tshelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 06:53 AM   #38
Hadji
Founding Member

Default Get Real!

Come on people. Do you really believe that a politician who acts like he owns the state will get treated the same as anyone else? Don't you realize that he was the governor of the state at one time and he is now a United states congressman? Can't you understand the majority of current public officials and servants associated with this state have served under this man and that his influence extends beyond the local, state and federal governments? Do you really think he will be severely punished, especially now that the cover-up is in full swing? If the law does not bring justice to the Foster family, I hope that someone else does.

For the record, Mr. Janklow's actions speak for themselves. I don't need to have a court decide my opinion of what his fate should be based on his actions.
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 08:59 AM   #39
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

A tragedy all around to be sure. There can be no winners here. Hopefully some lessions learned, some thoughts given toward actions. Beyond that, I, for one anyway, have that "living in a Glass House" feeling. Ever hear that one "It's better to be lucky than to be good"?
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 09:46 AM   #40
kawazuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Janklow

Sorry, Abe, I'm afraid I have to disagree here, the liberal media is only as liberal as the conservative businesses that own them. Fox News, Rupert Murdoch, a large number of news sources are completely in the pocket of the Republicans.

Of course, as a die hard Libertarian, I have to admit that I don't see a lot of difference between the two parties to begin with. They both want to steal all of my money and keep me from doing things which don't affect them in the slightest.

Also, I've been meaning to ask. Do you have a Friendster account? There's someone in my web named Abe Froman, and it doesn't seem to be a very common name, at least not on a cursory google search.

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote