Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (
-   MO vs. World (
-   -   Motorcyclist killed by congressman (

electraglider_1997 08-18-2003 03:15 PM

Re: Motorcyclist killed by congressman
First post. Nothing at all to say until I read the article.

electraglider_1997 08-18-2003 03:25 PM

Read the articles. The man is a clearly a driving menace and he is fat and very ugly.

mattg 08-18-2003 03:42 PM

First as a fellow motorcyclist I want to offer my deepest sympathy to the victims family. It's always saddening to hear of a pointless death due to someone elses carelessness. As for this goverment stooge, I would like to see the average joe get 12 tickets in 4 years, pay over $1000 in fines and still have a license. The fallout from this could reach many more people than just the "honorable" state representative. Wait till the spin doctors get through with this one. I'd bet they will do everything possible to make him seem like just as much of a victim, if not more. BURN HIS LICENSE AND MAKE HIM PAY!!!!!

stormcloud 08-18-2003 03:52 PM

Hey, hang on!

Any death of someone so young is a tradgedy for him, his family etc.

BUT (and it's a big but) in the article there's no mention of who was at fault. We cant just assume that the motorcyclist doesnt deserve some or all of the blame, REGARDLESS of the drivers driving record.

Why was this posted?

comiserations to the riders family and friends.

Weezel 08-18-2003 03:52 PM

Very definitely, very fat, very ugly, and apparently, very stupid. Perfect for a career in politics.

fnstypes 08-18-2003 04:05 PM

They'll probably blame everything, but the congressman.

"I didn't see him."

"If only he had been wearing a helmet."

I'm so sick if this stuff happening.

Rest in peace Bro.

Blue_Dogg 08-18-2003 04:11 PM

I read the articles and find it hard to believe that they have not disclosed who was at fault. Although things are clearly slanted at getting us to believe Janklow was at fault. Especially the statement "The crash occurred Saturday at an intersection about 25 miles northeast of Sioux Falls that had only a stop sign for Janklow." My deepest condolences to the family of Mr. Scott. If Janklow is at fault, no punishment would be severe enough... I am intrested in further details.

SmokeU 08-18-2003 05:30 PM

I live in SD, less than 2 hours away from where the accident happened. From what I heard, from very reliable sources is that Janklow(the fat, ugly dude), ran a stop sign and hit the motorcyclist. He didn't start braking until AFTER he ran the sign and saw/hit the motorcyclist. Many of the tickets he has received were not listed in the article about his driving record.

While he was in office he even wanted to have red lights like a police car installed on his personal car. He got pulled over for going 114mph in western SD a few years ago and when the trooper walked up to his window he just said, "I'm the governor I can do what I want." He then rolled up his window and drove off before the trooper could give him a ticket. I think he should lose his license.

mce63 08-18-2003 05:34 PM

The real question is whether South Dakota will do a fair and thorough investigation or will they bring in an investigation team from Tennessee. Much as I'd like to rail against the congressman, I know that there are more than a few of us who routinely go 15-20 over in rural areas.

My prediction: Either the investigation will find the congressman guilty and we'll scream for his head or they'll find he wasn't at fault and we'll scream cover-up.

Viffer-dude 08-18-2003 05:39 PM

I'm overwhelmed at the critical analysis of the facts by all my fellow MO'FOs that were presented in this article. These facts lead one to the obvious conclusion that the congressman is at fault. Why, the evidence is so overwhelming that he should be impeached - especially considering the fact that he's a Republican.