Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 08-19-2003, 04:01 AM   #21
RonXX
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcyclist killed by congressman

I would personally appreciate it if MO could continue to post links to articles concerning this matter. I am interested to see what comes of this investigation, given that this fat slob had a stop sign and the biker didn't. It seems to me that the driver of the car must be at fault, even if he came to a complete stop at the sign (which I seriously doubt).
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2003, 04:20 AM   #22
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default They could make him move to CA and live under Davis

Now that would be real punishment!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 04:35 AM   #23
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

If I was pissed at someone and shot them with a gun I get life in prison. Now, if I'm smart, I run them over with my car and claim I didn't see em. Probably get off with a $500 fine and some community service. If anyone thinks this guy is going to jail for this, you are kidding yourselves. After the Tennessee incedent where the Honorable Senator killed a biker and fled the scene, they named the friggin road after him when he died! This guy will at least get the intersection named in his honor and possibly a stretch of road.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:51 AM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

So you think that if he were a babykiller instead of a republican that he should get off free?
Old 08-19-2003, 05:04 AM   #25
Anton_1
Founding Member

Fry the F***er. He should of lost his licence long ago. It is sad to see someone with his record and careless disregard for anyone but himself behind the wheel let alone in charge of a state.
Anton_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 06:13 AM   #26
maladg
Registered Member

Reminds me of a line in an old Bob Dylan song - "steal a little and you go to prison. steal a lot and they make you king". Pols are held to a different standard than us little people and that just sux.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 07:19 AM   #27
smokingtz
Founding Member

WAKE UP EVERYONE. EVERY TIME I RIDE MY BIKE I EXCEED THE SPEED LIMIT BY 20 TO 50 MPH. EVERYBODY SPEEDS. WHO CARES IF HE HAD TICKETS. RUNNING STOP LIGHTS AND/OR RED LIGHTS IS A LOT DIFFERENT AND WORSE THAN SPEEDING. I DOUBT HE WANTED TO KILL SOMEONE. HE DESERVES WHATEVER THE LAW GIVES HIM. HOPEFULLY HE WILL NOT GET OFF FREE BUT ACCIDENTS DO HAPPEN AND WE TAKE RISKS EVERY TIME WE RIDE, THAT'S WHY I RIDE MORE MOTO-X THESE DAYS. LESS POLITICIANS AND CADILLACS.
smokingtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 07:43 AM   #28
Viffer-dude
Founding Member

You missed the sarcasm of my reply. I posted my response before I saw the article on his driving record.

I'm a staunch conservative, if it makes a diff.
Viffer-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 07:56 AM   #29
vcs700s
Founding Member

I just got this off of AOL a minute ago-

Lawmaker Said to Run Stop Sign in Crash

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) - Rep. Bill Janklow ran a stop sign before his Cadillac collided with a motorcycle at a rural intersection over the weekend, killing the motorcycle rider, a prosecutor said Tuesday. Investigators still have not determined how fast Janklow was driving, said Moody County State's Attorney William Ellingson.

Same old story. Guy in car kills motorcyclist at intersection because he fails to stop. I hope he gets persecuted to the full extent of the law. I believe it is called manslaughter.
vcs700s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 09:11 AM   #30
Hadji
Founding Member

Default Justice

First, I would like to offer my condolences to the family of Randolph E. Scott. I am saddened by your loss. To lose one's son on your birthday can make all future birthdays reminders of grief.

I think Mr. Janklow should be forced to ride a motorcycle for the rest of his natural life. He should not be allowed to use any other means of transportation, ever. Not even as a passenger. Maybe he will learn enough to replace the life that he took. I hope that there is justice for the Scott family.
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote