Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 08-14-2003, 11:27 AM   #21
sjriott
Founding Member

Default Buells AREN't Great

Electroidiot,

Buells SUCK. The reason the Japanese, Italians, Austrians and almost everyone else change things is to IMPROVE. Harley/Buell doesn't know how to do that. Hopefully someday.

I understand the Harley thing. A psuedo sport bike with a low output engine is another story. People buy sport bikes to have the latest and greatest. Not the Lamest and oldest technology. If the Buells ever look at the new Vrod engine, they might have a slightly desireable product. Until then ...........

Erik Buell made me LMFAO with his quality statements. It will never happen. These bikes have had quality issues from the beginning.

My bikes have held their value very well. I have no complaints. I've got a Vmax, CBR900RR, WR426, XR50 and PW50.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2003, 12:25 PM   #22
F451
Founding Member

Default Re: The Story of E-H

I am behind Kenny Dreer as he has fought hard and long to safeguard the Norton name. I have no doubt that his brand of Norton will prove more that respectable and do both the Norton name and motorcycle justice.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 02:55 AM   #23
triumph900
Founding Member

The Hanlon brothers are assholes. Spent over $100,000,000 of OTHER peoples money, made about 1100 bikes, paid themselves very well, and went out of business. Along the way, they also cost the taxpayers of Minnesota a few million as well. The difference is John Bloor used HIS money, and Polaris has to answer to stock holders. That's why they are still around. The Hanlons pissed away a chance to really change (for the better) the American motorcycle market. I wish Victory well, as they are the only viable alternative American bike right now (Indian? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH). I hope they beat HD to the punch with a sport-oriented bike soon. RIP E-H.
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 08:21 AM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Buells are great bikes.

Don't waste your breath. Dyno charts are all that matter to these immature dweebs. They are all experts about bikes that they've never even ridden, let alone owned. They KNOW Buells suck. Their second cousin's wife's brother worked for a guy whose neighbor once had trouble with his Buell.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:17 AM   #25
john
Founding Member

you are an idiot. buells do not do in 4000 rpm what a 600 does at 15000.

and there are plenty of 10yr old sportbikes that still cut it very well with new bikes, the obsolete comment is ridiculous, besides, its the rider isnt it

The problem is that Buells dont do anything well. for all their fancy design, they handle average, but have below average power. Any of the japanese companies make a better Vtwin than the Buell Vtwin.

stick to your rolling barcalounge (those bigass things arent real motorcycles, why dont you just get a car and be done with it) so you dont hurt yourself.
Old 08-15-2003, 05:58 PM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

People like you really make me laugh. You validate your own existence by putting other people down. Actually it doesn't make you look one bit more than the sourpuss that you are.

I used to be like that. I outgrew it by the time I was 21. Now I like to ride everything and I like it. I don't need to put others down with arbitrary sh!t that don't mean nothin' nohow.

So, go ahead and make yourself feel like a superior being because you ride the "latest technology". The fact you believe that crap only proves that you are a fool.

Move to Japan if you think they are so friggin' superior. Go ahead. You'll soon learn just how accepted you will be, even if you do ride the "latest technology", gaijin.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:18 AM   #27
obandoj
Founding Member

It must be nice to have a few million left over from defrauding lots of investors, so that you can sit around and write a book about it while you do a few lines up your nose.

The Hanlons are nothing but modern day thieves, thats why they allways kept the press at a distance when they had a couple of bikes to show, they knew they had a "plan" and did not want to have some scribes figure out what "it" was.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 02:06 PM   #28
F451
Founding Member

Certainly, the question remains whether it is possible to start a mass production motorcycle line in the United States and survive. The king of the roost is Harley for now and they don't appear to be sending out the welcome wagon to any newcomers. Yes, Harley has pulled some underhanded shenanigans, but doesn't the business world demand such actions (unfortunately)? Victory and Indian are trying and succeeding to some degree and good for them.

Personally, I am not buying the Hanlon book as I read some of the pages and was not impressed (talk about narcissist). I will be looking for it at garage sales in the dime-a-book pile and then buy it out of curiosity.

However, I still support American motorcycle companies and would like to see more of them.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 06:10 PM   #29
john
Founding Member

Yes, yes i will put people down, from time to time. I will admit it does strike a nerve in me when i read something so obtuse as what i responded to, and i will answer in the same tone as the post. You, however, seem to have problems on the reading comprehension end of this whole posting deal. Therefore, i will address your points one by one, so that you might be able to keep up, this time.

1)In no way did i try to validate any existence. I made attacks on certain points, in a manner keeping within the post.

2)Oh i ride everything myself, you simply read too much into everything. Perhaps someone is a little sensitive? I dont need to hear your been there, done that stories, however, as i am too involved making my own.

3)Again, your reading comprehension becomes suspect with your little "latest technology" tirade. Nowhere did i defend technology. I even went so far as to say that 10 year old bikes are in no way obsolete, due to "latest technology."

I posted about japanese motors because i responded to a post that had introduced the japanese. It could just as easily have been italian or austrian or australian or any other country that has produced a Vtwin.

If you would take time to read a post, instead of spouting off your usual little tirades that have gotten so old on this board, you might actually be able to contribute something that is direct, concise, and actually addresses the issues at hand, not the issues you wish were at hand.

Your entire post seemed rather the pot calling the kettle black, really.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:56 PM   #30
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: American Sport Bike

So, until Buell builds a Japanese-style inline four they won't be a real sportbike company, and after copying the Japanese sportbike formula they won't really be an American sport bike company. It seems like what you are really asking for is a fifth Japanese sportbike manufacturer. Why? Would you pay more money for a GSX-R with a Buell badge on the tank? I didn't think so, and neither would most other people.

I'm sure Moto Guzzi is developing a sportbike for the 20004 WSB series- they'll need the extra 18,001 years to raise enough capital to fund the team for a year.

Triumph has not raced jack ***** in WSB. Their failure in any other mainstream racing class is well documented. Aprilia's racing success in any streetbike production-based class is underwhelming at best.

If you knew anything about the relationship between racing and streetbike sales, you would realize that there is NO direct link between the two. If there was, 80% of the liter class sportbikes you see out on the street would be Ducatis. Guess what- not the case. Go look at a sportbike hangout and you will see plenty of R1s- a bike that has had minimal racing success, and has never won a Superbike race. All racing does is provide the masses with something to talk about on Sunday rides, and make them feel warm and fuzzy when they see Matt Mladin win on a bike that somewhat resembles the GSX-R1000 they bought the week before. It does not have a significant influence on streetbike sales. The axiom "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" is as outdated and untrue as the one telling people not to jack off because they will get hairy palms.

By the way, no company has ever been successful (long term) selling anything without a marketing plan. Every Japanese motorcycle company has one, just like Buell.