Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 07-07-2003, 03:06 AM   #11
chariton
Registered Member

Default Some Pictures would be nice...

chariton is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2003, 03:49 AM   #12
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Timmy's wheelchair got jacked

"It's the law and all but it's just a red light and everybody does it so look out and be sure not to..." What a bunch of ****e. You got too many drivers out there and running red lights seems like a logical way to thin things out a bit. Enjoy LA. I'll stay where I live and raise holly hell when someone here runs said light, as I should, and they will get defensive, as they will, and all will be right in the rest of the normal world. Yes, be careful at intersections and anticipate a$$holes but let 'em know they f'd up. Cordial is nice on the golf course when you hit a wayward ball and yell "fore!" Running lights and injuring or killing riders is, in my humble opinion, assault with a deadly weapon/manslaughter. I'd scream, rant and rave. Then I'd shout some more. Peal a little verbal paint. "Be nice" my a$$!
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 04:58 AM   #13
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Changing Stories

I've been involved in a handful of accidents since turning 16. The first was less than two months after getting my license. I learned a few important lessons. First, the police in Michigan don't give two squats about accidents that occur in parking lots. In their minds, a parking lot is a license to drive like a mad man.

The second is that the really nice guy who just tore off your bumper will totally change his tune when he calls the insurance company. Suddenly you will be a crazy, reckless driver who owes him.

I've repeated this event about three times. All three times a police report showing I wasn't more than 50% at fault saved my tail.

There was also a lesson learned about a man rushing to have a lunch time affair being willing to accept any blame in order to get the heck outta there, but I'm not sure how often that'll be useful.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 05:20 AM   #14
boru4761
Registered Member

I'm with SRMark on this one. I think under normal cage on cage action it is fine to be civil but in this case, I think I would have been on the cell to the police first thing and let the chips fall were they may. Also, I carry a little disposable camera for incidents such as these. I have a very nice photo of a rather irate (read: drunk) cager in his shiny new Ford pickup waggling his middle finger out of the window as he drove away from backing into my friends R6 at a light. As my friend cursed in disbelief and jammed it in gear to chase the guy down, I reached into my jacket pocket pulled out the disposable and shot a few shots of the offender's tag. Worked very nicely in court. Our lawyer showed them the pics and they settled before the first court date.
boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 05:57 AM   #15
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Dude, be careful, you're not in Kansas anymore.

Glad to hear that Toto is OK.

Regards,

sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 06:08 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Next time, do what the experienced L.A. homies do and pistol whip her.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:27 AM   #17
KPaulCook
Banned

Default OK Timmy Lassie says "WAKE UP and SMELL the SMOG"

1. It was OK to be pissed. But be cool.

2. Call the cops next time. Forget the pleasant talk. Get the cops there especially if you went down. Get a accident report filled out ASAP. It's best to have a cop do it there.

3. California, I believe is a fault state i.e. everything gets settled either between insurance companies or in court so you have to cover your ass. Forget the midwest politeness folks out here take is as you are a sucker.

Of course she was nice to you, because you didn't call the cops you fool

I wish you luck on collecting any money from her.

How do I know. When I first moved out here, I did the same thing you did once and got taken. No witnesses just your word against hers. Didn't get a dime. Now I carry a camera and I don't move until the cops get there.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 06:29 AM   #18
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Actually NO Fault makes sense.

After living in a No Fault state and a Fault state the only folks that win are lawyers in a Fault state. The legal costs are much greater in a fault state.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 06:39 AM   #19
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Or post an article on this website from amasuperbike.com under her name
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 06:49 AM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Yeah, that will get the dogs on her butt!