Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 12-15-2000, 12:22 PM   #1
MV
Founding Member

Default Re: The Thinking Man's MO

Oh yeah, well I'm second!
Interactive Motorcycle is a really cool site. I have been visiting it since March. Read the ZR-7 article. The bike now has a big ugly chunk of plastic on the front of it.
MV is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2000, 02:36 PM   #2
IceWorm
Registered Member

Default Passed on the ZRX1100 too

Why am I not surprised you guys passed on the ZR7. The ZRX1100 has been out for two years and still no revue, how sad, and now we have the ZRX12 about to be released. I know, I know, your official response is that the ZRX was not available for sale in California. Big deal, like you never revued a bike before that was not for sale in Calif, not to mention the US. You guys have orgasms all the time over unobtanium two wheelers and yet still no ZRX. I have lost count, tell me, how many revues of the Blandit so far?
IceWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 04:02 PM   #3
blip
Founding Member

Default Re: MO Sucks

You guys really are lame, and a bit paranoid. We don't delete posts, someone probably moderated your post down because it was so stupid -- any registered MO reader can moderate posts.

Reset your threshold to -1 and marvel at the poor ratings you've received.

I wonder why squids that babble on about how they don't want to read MO have to post it here? "I'm not reading you any more!" (two months later) "Now I'm really not reading you any more!" Why not just go away...

Get a grip, chill out, and try and get a life...
blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 04:20 PM   #4
MV
Founding Member

Well doggone it, what happened to the guy who made the first post? Maybe I was first after all. Really guys Interactive Moyorcycle may sometimes contain some blatently pretentious writing at times, but it still remains <b>one of</b> my favorite e-zines. The ZR-7 article was definitely cool. Interactive Motorcycle is primarily about street motorcycles and riding as opposed to the latest and fastest sportbike or the 'baddest' Harley.
MV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 08:23 PM   #5
bugsplatter
Founding Member

Kudos to MO for recommending an article on another site. This is the internet at its best. Most commercial sites would like their users to believe that they have no competition or that there are no other sources of similar information on the web. Motorcycle online should be commended for fostering a sense of community for motorcycle enthusiasts on the web.

bugsplatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 12:56 AM   #6
ZR-7
Founding Member

Funny, I've asked you to review this bike several times over the last year. All I got was some smart-assed answer from Brent.

Philip

'00 ZR-7
ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 03:44 PM   #7
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

As a newbie trying to gather as much info as possible, Interactive Motorcycle has been a wonderfully steady voice of reason. I've yet to find anything 'preachy' in there that isn't well-grounded and meaningful. Compared to every other media source's endless track tests that should wear some kind of "These riders are experts...." disclaimer, IM fulfils that real-world sense of rationality and reality that may not sell many magazines, but makes sense to probably 95% of us.

The fiction section can range from cloying to cliched, so be warned, but when dealing with product reviews and such, they're as dead-on as anyone else ever can be. Even better, because so much of its content is focused on newer riders, it's a wonderful hedge against undue peer pressure.

Ignore old farts at your own risk; even better, know that they usually have the best stories to tell.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2000, 08:30 AM   #8
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Yet here you are....
Old 12-18-2000, 07:22 PM   #9
bilbo
Registered Member

Default Re: For street riders only

> My favorite article on the site is about a guy

> on a KLR 250 with full knobbies smoking an

> R1 on the Streets of Willow!

Right, and then he woke up. I have very mixed feelings about Interactive Motorcycling. Sometimes they seem like a voice of reason, and sometimes they seem like a bunch of preachy, pretentious fogeys.

bilbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2000, 10:32 AM   #10
hubec
Founding Member

Default Interactive Extremely Preachy

I guess some people don't mind it but I find Jay (the guy behind Interactive Motorcyclist) to be way too "holier than thou". Some of his ideas have some merit however they are all based around putting down the actions of others. Whether it's squids having fun trying to be racers, or it's Harley riders having fun trying to be hard asses. Jay and the people who frequent IM think that the often illogical actions of these people are inherently bad and should be mocked and derided.

I don't like people who can only justify their beliefs and actions by putting down those of others.
hubec is offline   Reply With Quote