Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 06-27-2003, 05:49 PM   #61
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Did you really mean this as a reply to ME?

Yes I did, an Azure blue '02 Trophy 1200. I've got a little over 1k on it in 3 weeks, loving every minute!. I had to baptise it with Boddingtons pub ale first of course, now it'll run forever.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2003, 10:53 AM   #62
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: Minnesota Attacks!

That wasn't a threat. That was an invitation. Hahahahha. I had no idea you were a matchbook lawyer. That's alright though, most lawyers are idiots. You probably think Bill O'Reilly is the best thing since sliced bread.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 11:07 AM   #63
Nplateau
Founding Member

Well baa baa black sheep.

Pompous and boastful, that I have been, so for that I do apologize. I was, however, just trying to vehemently stick up for JB. If you ever had the opportunity to sit down and converse with me, you would be surprised at all that I know and understand at my tender age. You would come away a believer. I figure though, I'll probably never have the opportunity to see your pretty face so the chance to talk won't materialize. Oh well, I'll just chalk that up as my loss. Oh boo hoo hoo.

That being said, you needn't get your panties in a bunch, I'm actually a really nice guy, and I use my intellect to try and make the world a better place. Maybe you don't, but I sure as hell do. Sometimes that means fighting, and I admit to not being above a good verbal or physical joust, but you use what you have, and I use my brains and my fist. Densa? *****, you only need a 140 IQ to make it there, last I checked.

I won't harass you about your spelling, as your buddy did while thinking it way me who posted, I know spelling to be overrated and in the English lexicon, mutable over space and time.

In the mean time Mr. Sarnali, have a "coke and a smile and shut the hell up."
Old 06-28-2003, 11:13 AM   #64
Nplateau
Founding Member

Retard. Your name should probably be Captainsaveaho. But then you'd constantly be trying to save yourself now wouldn't you, you little man *****. Better luck next time nitwit.

BTW, sorry if I don't check my spelling (or my grammer for that matter). I'd figure you to be intelligent enough to get the point, but I had no idea that such minutia would so throw you off.

It's alright... there, there... we can't all have brains. Just know your place jabroni. Well behind me.
Old 06-28-2003, 11:17 AM   #65
Nplateau
Founding Member

I admit, that was my misunderstanding and my mistake. I do truly apologize for my rude and insensitive words to Longride. In my zealous effort to show JB some support, I lost my cool and my head. My sincerest apologies.

Old 06-29-2003, 01:45 PM   #66
ridinsince59
Founding Member

Default We knew Adams was s***** already...

Hey JB, I wouldn't lose any sleep over the complaints of a lowlife like Adams. He showed his complete lack of class in his scurrilous and tasteless attack on Barry Sheene in a "Megaphone" column he wrote which appeared in the June 03 issue of Motorcyclist, after Sheene's untimely death from cancer at 52.

And my thanks to longride for his many hours of work here on MO!
ridinsince59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 07:56 PM   #67
sarnali
Founding Member

Odd that for someone who claims to be so intelligent, you would resort to fisticuffs to settle an argument. I would think that was a mark of a lesser intellect, my mistake eh? As for my spelling, well what can I say? sorry. And lastly, "use your intellect to make the world a better place?" Would that be before or after you beat-up someone who disagrees with you?, I'm afraid I was right the first time, In a battle of wits, you're un-armed. The only thing "160" represents for you is your weekly welfare stipend.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 11:47 PM   #68
raghinii
Registered Member

Default Re: No, and you can't get a point across either

It's clearly not plagiarism as it stands, since it is attributed, but I have to support the

"excerpt and link" approach as the one most

in keeping w/ internet etiquette.

This allows you to give the MO news readers an idea of what you're talking about, but it also forces them to click through to the original site for the whole story therby giving the appropriate props to the author of the article.

Yes, i understand that amasuperbike.com didn't necc. come up w/ the content, but for YOU it was the source of the content. if that's not the case, then link to the actual primary source.

as an example of what i'm talking about check-out slashdot.org

(same thing as news.motorcycle.com but

generally for nerds).

almost all of the stories there are announcements of cool news articles found elsewhere. However, the only time that the articles are quoted in full is when it's a link to small site that can't take the load that is imposed by being posted on slashdot.... but i doubt that's likely to happen here at MO. (at least not yet)

my $0.02

(also, what's w/ all the personal attacks back and forth... sheesh ?! )
raghinii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 08:33 AM   #69
caderider
Registered Member

Today is Tomorrow Yesterday!
Old 06-30-2003, 09:13 AM   #70
caderider
Registered Member

I, on the otherhand, am very entertained by these exchanges, intended or not. If you don't like reading them, then don't. I sometimes just laugh my keester off sometimes, then I move on...

Brian