Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 05-30-2003, 01:15 PM   #51
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Why not wear a helmet?

Seruzawa, don't confuse the guy.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2003, 01:45 PM   #52
12er
Founding Member

The Constitution of the United States is written on illegal to produce Hemp Paper. Ponder that oneÂ…
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 02:26 PM   #53
obandoj
Founding Member

Here is a story for all you MoFos.

Sunday 05-25-03 I was riding with my friends (atrociteurs with full riding gear) on AZ 89A, a very fun but very demanding mountain-canyon road that many bikers of all different convictions (Harleys, BMW, Atrociteurs, etc) favor for a great Sunday ride, when on our way home we came upon a downed rider who was face down on the pavement and not moving. We stopped to help and to control the accident scene. My friend Adam who is a firefighter and a medic took control of the situation as best as he could without any first aid equipment.

The guy had lost control of his Harley while negotiating a downhill right hander and had locked the rear brake, gone on the wrong side of the road and hit a steel guard rail, his bike was not in that bad of a shape and the guard rail had a very small scratch on it, his T-shirt had come off, and he had NOT been wearing a helmet. He had some abrassions on his body but it was not too bad, the problem was that he had a very severe injury to his lower face, his teeth and jaw were broken or dislocated and he was bleeding from his ears, he came back to consiuosness but was very combative and belligerant and demanded to be let up, of course the man with the medical experience and some volunteers helped keep him inmovilized untill help arrived, when the police and ambulance workers arrived he was put in a gurney and strapped to it untill the helicopter arrived to take him to the hospital.

He was DOA!

obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 02:27 PM   #54
jibosch
Registered Member

All Motorists, should have adequate Insurance. I am not sure what 'adequate' is though...
jibosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 02:43 PM   #55
r1derbike
Founding Member

Don't know much, but "not wearing a helmet" and "dumbass" seem to be used a lot in the same sentence...

Outta here...Charles

'03 FJR 1300...'cuz ya' gotta keep HER happy.

'00 RWB R1 #34...'cuz there can only be THE ONE.

'85 ZX900 Ninja...the mutha' of all modern sportbikes.

Click on link below to see my R1, FJR, and Ninja (other pics too).

http://www.photoaccess.com/share/gue...A0B19C25C12&cb
\'00 RWB R1 #34...\'cuz there can only be THE ONE.
\'85 ZX900 Ninja...the mutha\' of all modern sportbikes.
\'03 FJR 1300...\'cuz ya\' gotta keep HER happy.
Click on link below to see my R1, FJR, and Ninja.
http://www.photoaccess.com/share/guest.jsp?ID=A0B19
r1derbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 02:45 PM   #56
DragonF6
Registered Member

Default Re: i'll answer that one ...

I am old enough to remember no helmet law in Michigan back when I started riding in '64. Funny thing is, I never even thought about it as dangerous...it was what we did. Unfortunately, I didn't wear eye protection either and my scratched eyeballs (according to the optometrist) caused me to have to get glasses. Michigan is still struggling with changing the law back, but other than a quick spin around the block for nostalgia's sake, I think I would still wear mine regardless. Yes, I agree there should be no such law.
DragonF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 02:55 PM   #57
DragonF6
Registered Member

As someone who treats those with cannabis dependence, you may want to do some research somewhere besides

"High Times". The incidence of marijuana related car crashes is most likely under-reported because no one tests for it. Many studies show drastic reductions in performance of the least bit complicated tasks after marijuana use...but those in the study always thought they did better than they actually did. But hey, we are supposed to be talking helmets here
DragonF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 03:49 PM   #58
Fugaziiv
Founding Member

sorry, but i can't tell why i wouldn't wear a helmet, because i wouldn't even consider going without.
Fugaziiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 04:04 PM   #59
obandoj
Founding Member

You are a real *&%hole, read my entry below and you will get an idea of what riding without a helmet will get you, even in a slow speed get off! Then go to a race track and see what happens to racers who crash at high rates of speed. Nothing! They get up and go racing again. All the Harleys I see parked in front of the bars, that are riden by overweight, under trained, under protected and drunk man like you, are the reason the goverment wants to crack down on everybody who rides a motorcycle. If you don't believe me send me your e-mail address and I'll send you some pictures so that you can see what a broken and about to die head looks like!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 04:12 PM   #60
ciao
Founding Member

...was very combative and belligerant ...

You should have listened more carefully.

Like several riders here, he was trying to explain why he shouldn't have to wear a helmet.

But then before he knew it, the discussion was over.
ciao is offline   Reply With Quote